Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

968 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2010 2:34 PM by WannabeRunr RSS
WannabeRunr Rookie 7 posts since
May 6, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 2, 2010 2:34 PM

Where to start after labral tear surgery on hip?

Help me plan my running recovery. I was injured late August 2009 while training for a half marathon in October. I have not been running since I got hurt. I had arthoscopic surgery and osteoplasty to repair a tear to my hip's labrum just over two weeks ago. I'm chomping at the bit for my first physical therapy appointment next week. Meanwhile, the arrival of sunny skies has me itching. Obviously, I need to do the therapy (and lose the crutches) before I can even consider pounding pavement again. In all honesty, I'm still 3 to 5 months away from being cleared to run. Where would you suggest I look to find a good base training plan? Either online or in a book is okay. I'm not going to foolhardy to think I can run a half this fall, but maybe a half or full in 2011.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points