Skip navigation

3612 Views 31 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2010 12:22 AM by RyanActive RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Blankenship24 Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 7, 2010

Was my first race, so have nothing to compare but I thought it was pretty great. I did the 4 miles, and it was interesting that nobody really cared about the times for the 2 or 4 mile and only about the 10kers. Other than that, great area to run, and walk, and people were very friendly checking in and getting bib numbers. Would probably do again next year.

• RyanActive Active.com Staff 87 posts since
    Jun 4, 2008

This is a fun and festive race and a great way to spend a Saturday morning. It's low-maintenance, and the lack of chip timing kind of forced you to keep track of your own time. I was about 50 seconds in before I crossed the start line so I had to adjust accordingly. But I expected that going in and it was fine considering the cost.

The course? I can't overstate how flat it was! There was a little bump of a hill at about mile 3 and that was it. You couldn't make it any flatter if you tried. Combined with the cool overcast weather, I beat my goal pretty easily.

Overall, this doesn't have the glamor of the New York City Marathon, but it's a fun opportunity to celebrate St. Patrick's Day in a healthy and fit way.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...