Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1956 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2010 11:12 PM by GatorCraig
SharynLS Amateur 22 posts since
Feb 7, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 9, 2010 7:30 PM

SWFL.....anyone?

I was wondering if anyone was participating in the Naples Fitness Challenge Triathlon (Sprint Tri) this coming June?

Moe’s Firecracker 5K 2008 – 50:07:14

John Clay 5K 2008 – 50:30

Pilot Club 5K 2008 – 49:45:44

Race for the Cure 3/13/10 - 49:39:12

http://community.active.com/people/SharynLS/blog

• IronMakeover Community Moderator 738 posts since
    Jul 7, 2008
    1. Apr 10, 2010 9:00 AM (in response to SharynLS)
    Re: SWFL.....anyone?

Hi there,

My parents are snowbirds who live in Naples part of the year. My kids and I were there for a week or so in late February this year. I'd love your suggestions for trails/paths/tri clubs in the area? When I'm there I run around their association, bike on the path next to the highway and swim in the pool mostly, besides chasing kids.

I've also heard good things about the Naples marathon?

I hope you're able to connect with other athletes training for this event. & have fun!

Sara

Sara Cox Landolt

http://www.ironmakeover.blogspot.com/

• GatorCraig Rookie 4 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    4. Jun 3, 2010 11:12 PM (in response to SharynLS)
    Re: SWFL.....anyone?

I will be out of town Saturday but you should have fun at the reverse tri in Naples. It's a great event. Post how you liked it on this thread. I'll actually be in Ft. Lauderdale for a family event so I am competing in the Trailwinds Tri over there Saturday.

As for bike routes in SW FL - in particular the Naples area I suggest going North out of Naples along the beaches up through Lovers Key and Fort Myers Beach, to Summerlin Road up to Gladiolus/Six Mile Cypress, then up to Daniels Parkway then East to Treeline. You can take Treeline all the way down to Estero Parkway to Three Oaks/Livingston south back to Naples. It's a long (70 mile +) route - but scenic and most of it is either on bike paths or there are bike lanes. Email me if you want any more information

Don't ask "WHY??"... instead ask "Why NOT?!!!!"

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...