Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1170 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2010 9:58 PM by Deborah Cirillo
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 18, 2010 11:56 AM

SAR Sabino Canyon Sunset Run Reviews

Share your experiences with the SAR Sabino Canyon Sunset Run below Back to event details page.

• Peter Chiron Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 12, 2007
    1. Apr 18, 2010 11:56 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: SAR Sabino Canyon Sunset Run Reviews

This is the second year I've done this race, and it's an outstandingly run, unique distance and venue event. Stunning views of Sabino Canyon on the way up and back, and while the uphill portion is a challenging trudge to the top, you get it all back as the downhill is a complete jet to the finish.  A great and fun crowd, exceptionally well managed as are all Southern Arizona Road Runner races and highly recommended as a stellar Tucson running experience.  Thanks SAR - keep up the great work!

• Lib B Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 21, 2009
    2. Apr 18, 2010 2:22 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my first year running this race and it was amazing! The views are great and the weather was perfect. What a challenging but rewarding event! Thanks SAR!

• mindpark Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 8, 2007
    3. Apr 18, 2010 3:09 PM (in response to Guest )

Fourth year doing this race.  My absolute favorite local event.  Such a beautiful place to run.  The weather was perfect.  The course is challenging but very fun!  Thanks SAR!

• azshadowrunner Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 14, 2007
    4. Apr 19, 2010 12:16 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first time I've ran this race and it was a very nice run. The views are fantastic and the uphill is challenging. I carried my own water bottle and I was glad I did because 3 water stops wasn't enough water for me on a 7 mile run in such warm temperatures. I definitely will participate next year. Make sure to register early because the race caps off at about 400 participants and it fills up quickly.

• beibeiyu Amateur 29 posts since
    Apr 19, 2010
    5. Apr 19, 2010 12:38 AM (in response to Guest )

vey happy to join this website!

mbt shoes sale

• jencaponi Rookie 5 posts since
    Jan 8, 2009
    6. Apr 20, 2010 2:06 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my first time running this race. I am from the Chicago area and was on vacation and wanted to search out a scenic run.  I am so happy that I was able to get into this race!  It was quite challenging and beautiful! Running in the warmer temps (I have been running in 50's and 60's in Chicago) was definitely a challenge, and I found that I was thirsty the whole way.  I agree with another reviewer, I wish there would have been another water stop.  I probably should have carried my own, I guess I was just out of practice for running in warmer temps. b/c normally I wouldn't need much water for this distance.  Overall, it seemed well organized and fun, and I would definitely do it again in the future (if I am in the area!)

• Deborah Cirillo Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 30, 2007
    7. Apr 29, 2010 9:58 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my first time at this event. I travelled from Phx. It was a beautiful venue with ample parking and plenty of room for spectators! The views were spectacular and the creek was running high enough to overflow the bridges just enough to cool your feet down! Challenging uphill and superfast downhill. I will probably carry water next year, as the aid stations were a little far apart for that distance, but understandable why they were where they were. There are drinking fountains along the way..I carried a small flashlight which was not necessary. It got dark, but I'm a trail runner, so it wasn't a big deal. Absolutely LOVE this race!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...