Skip navigation

102287 Views 590 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2012 6:22 PM by Lorieann18031 RSS Go to original post 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 Previous Next
  • Gravity06 Pro 102 posts since
    Feb 5, 2010

I'm OK.

I've got a 5K next week.

~Liz~

Started Walking March 2009

================

2010 Gasparilla 5K Fun Walk (1:17:09)

2010 AFLAC Iron Girl Clearwater 5K Run/Walk, (1:14:10)

2010 Miles For Hope 5K -- Clearwater (1:22:14) (Oh, that bridge!)

2011 Gasparilla 5+3K, (2:03:18)

2012 Gasparilla 5K Fun Walk, 3/3/12

• MTBFresno Rookie 2 posts since
    Jan 23, 2010

Susan:

I'm new to this site, but have been a walker for a couple of years.  I try and do about 25 - 30 miles a week ... logged in over 1,000 miles in 2009.

Last weekend I walked the Santa Cruz 1/2 Marathon.  WOW !! It rained on me for the last 4  miles or so and I was drenched and cold.  The walk started in front of the Boardwalk and went west out to Wilder Ranch.  Great views and the ocean was beautiful.

I see that you plan to do the Fresno Two Cities .... It's a great event.  It is very walker friendly with lots of water stations, port-a-potties and first aid.  They have nice medals and a goodie bag with good stuff .. nice hats, tee shirts and last year a very nice sweatshirt. Post race there are tables set up and participants can get some nurishment.

Last year (for some unknown reason) I did the full marathon ... I was glad to finish.  Doubt that I will do that again ... 1/2 is enough.

Hope your healing comes along and you're back at you normal level soon.

MTB

• MTBFresno Rookie 2 posts since
    Jan 23, 2010

Susan:

Yes ... I've lived here (Fresno) most my adult life.  I live near Herndon and West / Van Ness.  Can see me walking in that area often!

Santa Cruz was brutal this year because of the wind and rain ...

MTB

• beibeiyu Expert 29 posts since
    Apr 19, 2010

yes,walkers not talk to each other is good.

• 2bawalker Rookie 7 posts since
    Jan 17, 2010

Hi everybody....I just wanted to stop by and say that I survived my 10k in March. I haven't walked since then though. I was in so much pain after it was over....not really my muscles....but my right foot. My ankle and arch were swollen for a couple of days and I couldn't walk on it. My daughter thinks it was because of my shoes....any ideas from you guys? I would like to keep walking and try to walk another 10k in October.....but I'm a little scared. Any advice you might have would be greatly appreciated.

• freshman11 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 22, 2010

Hi I am new to this grop not to walking. I live in the chicagoland aea. I have been walking last 4 month about 15 miles a week. I am training for the green bay 1/2 marathon. I walked the nashiville one last year. I nice to see other people post on how they are doing with their walking.

Aimee

• lifesanadventure Amateur 18 posts since
    Feb 17, 2010

I guess I'm in between running and walking.  I can only run 1-2 miles outside, but can probably walk 20 times that!  I'm working on it, though.

Life's An Adventure. Get out and enjoy It!!!!!!!

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points