Skip navigation

4466 Views 32 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2010 9:11 AM by Evan Malone RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • KD Johnson Amateur 8 posts since
    Oct 27, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. Apr 16, 2010 5:22 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Gulf Coast Half Marathon @ Pensacola Beach Reviews

Great race!  Alot of fun! Well organized, beautiful course with plenty of water stations with inspirational volunteers.  Missed/needed water around mile 9- I think (only had gatorade) and a volunteer ran up next to me and handed me a water! Thank you again volunteer! Found out about voting for the best aid station for charity until later.

Excellent post party location and food. Need to work on more pre race porta potties.

Thanks for a great race! See ya next year!

Keith Johnson

• Kim4kids Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 17, 2008
    31. Apr 17, 2010 10:08 PM (in response to Guest )

Everyone should try a 1/2 marathon.  This ranked right up there with some of the important life events.  I don't typically cry, but I was so proud that tears just started flowing.  It's a feeling like no other.  The course was easy and the water stations gave me something to look forward to.  Hula dancers, disco crew, and bikers were some of my favorite.

• Evan Malone Amateur 16 posts since
    Oct 31, 2007
    32. Apr 22, 2010 9:11 AM (in response to Guest )

Great first-year event.  Pensacola Beach should feel lucky to have such a top-notch RD come to the area with a half-marathon distance event during one of the most beautiful times of the year.

From top to bottom this event blasted many others out of the water.  The marketing, website, registration, t-shirt, and finishers medal were all beyond expectations.

The few comments regarding course support will, I am sure, be addressed next year.  There was no shortage of finishers food or beer for me.  I even went back out on the course to cheer in some friends of mine and did not make it to Flounder's until about 3.5 hours race time.

Excellent parking.

MOre than enough restrooms.

PA system and music were easy to hear.

Water-stop competition for charity donation was fun.  Capt'n Fun Runners rocked.

Packet pick-up was easy.

Bibs were fun.  Very cool to have our names on them, usually don't see that but for IM-branded events.

Start and finish chutes were well-adorned.

Too many good things to keep listing them all.  Sign up for next year for sure!

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...