Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2262 Views 21 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2010 4:34 PM by curtdragon Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • ShanGen Rookie 276 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Nov 22, 2007 7:04 AM (in response to nutmeg008)
    Re: Running in the rain!

I hear rain is coming and get all excited!! I love running in the rain!

course I will have to check back in and let you know how it feels this winter... I may not agree if it means freezing eye lashes :P

• Nik76 Rookie 28 posts since
    Oct 22, 2007
    16. Nov 22, 2007 7:18 AM (in response to nutmeg008)

I really like running in the rain, especially on those hot summer days. The non-running people I know think I'm crazy, but I think their crazy for not wanting to run.

----

4 Feet Running[/URL" target="_blank"> -- The Sunday Painter[/URL" target="_blank">

• Currently Being Moderated
    18. Nov 30, 2007 6:36 PM (in response to nutmeg008)

I love running in the rain, the snow is even better

• Currently Being Moderated
    19. Dec 1, 2007 8:23 PM (in response to nutmeg008)

sleet sucks tho,. Anyone use YakTrax? I'm thinking of investing.

• curtdragon Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 26, 2010
    20. Apr 26, 2010 4:34 PM (in response to Guest )

Old thread but I havent ran in the rain since high school. I went today in the rain and I dunno what I was thinking =) I guess rain running is for some people and I am not one of those

• Janet689 Pro 122 posts since
    Feb 10, 2010
    21. Apr 26, 2010 4:56 PM (in response to nutmeg008)

I love running in a light misty rain.  I feel like I can go forever... it energizes me.

I ran in the snow several times back in February-March.  Once it was freezing rain and sleet.  It was a little too slick and I decided that was not a good idea.

If it's a total downpour, I'll wait for it to pass.

One cold day I ran in rain and got soaked.  My clothes really got heavy in the rain and it made my run harder, so be sure to choose non-absorbent clothes.

Also be careful because your feet may be more prone to blisters when they are wet.

Once I ran after it rained... a truck drove by.  He could have easily moved over a couple of feet and avoided a puddle, but he went right through the deepest part and I ended up drenched.

And to the person who suggested running without glasses.  I am EXTREMELY nearsighted.  It would be disastrous for me to attempt to running without my glasses.

Janet

Started C25K 2/14/10 Age 51 and NEVER have run before.

Coventry Challenge 5K 3/20/10, end of W5 of C25K. 40:44

Spring Forward 5K (YMCA) 4/10/10 39:57

Focus 5K Run/Walk 5/13/10 32:24... in Orlando on a totally flat course

Coventry Challenge 5K 3/19/11 37:59

?Operation Backpack 5K 5/21/11 ??? fast-paced race, finished next to last

Coventry Challenge 5K 3/17/12 38:11

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...