Skip navigation

1918 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2010 8:05 AM by CWCastelli RSS
DCtoPgh Community Moderator 3,033 posts since
Aug 15, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 30, 2010 11:04 AM

Pittsburgh Marathon

Hey! I wanted to start by saying good luck to all the racers out there this weekend, Pittsburgh or otherwise. Also wanted to congratulate Chris on the new addition! I can't believe your a grandpa!!! What a cutie, you must be so proud!

In regards to the Pittsburgh marathon my back isn't good enough to race any of the distances but I will be out cheering! I'm planning to be around mile 2 (turnaround for the full and half in the Strip) and I'll be wearing a blue Powerbar shirt with my version of the "That's not sweat, it's your fat cells crying" sign that Ike and Shell made for MCM. I'm bummed I'm not racing, but I'm looking forward to adding a dimension to my marathon experiences.

Also, in good news, I am finally back up and running. I'm up to 30 minutes which is a long way from where I was and where I want to be, but I'm so happy to be out there again.

Everyone have safe travels and strong races! Be great!

I do today what you won't, so tomorrow I do what you can't.

My Blog | i2P

• dutch omi We're Not Worthy 5,642 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    1. Apr 30, 2010 11:35 AM (in response to DCtoPgh)
    Re: Pittsburgh Marathon

Glad to hear you're back and running again.  It's been a long journey for you.  Cheering is a great addition to your marathon experiences and as we all know, without those people on the sidelines, the running would be a lot harder.  Have fun this weekend, Kat.  And good luck to all of you racing Pittsburgh!!! BTW, who is running what?

• lenzlaw Community Moderator 10,373 posts since
    Jan 18, 2008
    2. Apr 30, 2010 12:09 PM (in response to dutch omi)

I'll look for you Kat.  Aroumd mile 2 you said?  It's good to hear you're at least running.  I continue to thank my lucky stars that I've made it this far with no serious injuries or problems.

The only ones I'm sure of is Jen and I are running the half, Carl and Craig are running the full.

Len

• silvereagle Legend 1,159 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    3. Apr 30, 2010 5:35 PM (in response to lenzlaw)

Goodluck Len, Jen, Carl, Jerry, and everyone else running the Pitt stay safe and let us know how it goes.....

Glad to here Kat that your running again, must of been a long hare road for you but you see the light at the end of the tunnel..... Doreen and I are Happy for you.....

Dennis

It's not only about finishing, its about finishing healthy!

• Becky8846 Legend 686 posts since
    Apr 1, 2009
    4. Apr 30, 2010 5:51 PM (in response to DCtoPgh)

Go Pittsburgh runners, go!  Have great races and run like the wind.

Kat - so happy to hear you are building back up.  We'll be reading your RR's again in no time.  Take your baby steps and be well.

• MCM Ron Legend 1,916 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    5. Apr 30, 2010 6:21 PM (in response to Becky8846)

Sounds like we've got quite the crew of racers this weekend!  Kat - Great to hear that you're running again!  Stay healthy!

Good luck Pitt and Pig runners and all others!   Hey Craig, wanna make it interesting?  How about a shiny nickle to the faster time on Sunday?  Or are you bouncing back from another marathon like 2 weeks ago?

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.  (from my ice tea lid)

• CWCastelli Legend 375 posts since
    Aug 28, 2007
    6. May 1, 2010 8:05 AM (in response to DCtoPgh)

Kat, thanks for the congrats.  His dad just got back last night from oversees.  And yes, I am a very proud Papa.  Hard to believe it was just a year ago that I was running Pittsburgh. Maybe next year.  It was a fun marathon. Good luck to all the Pittsburgh runners this year.

I'm not slow, I'm rear security.

Thoroughbreds run fast and finish early.  Clydesdales run slow and pull beer wagons.  I'll be a Clydesdale.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...