Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1840 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2010 7:42 PM by poomer
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 21, 2009 11:45 AM

Sunset Stampede Reviews

Share your experiences with the Sunset Stampede below Back to event details page.

• everam14 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 29, 2008
    1. Dec 21, 2009 11:47 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Sunset Stampede Reviews

Ran this race last year. I had a blast. After party was awesome... great food and music! Beer didn't run out! Course was a little long (I think it may have been set up wrong because it was the first time this particular course was used), but have run the course since and the "kinks" have been worked out. The sunset was beautiful (as always) and it was a great way to end a Saturday evening and start a Saturday night!

• Navarre Run-Walk Meetup Rookie 3 posts since
    Aug 24, 2008
    2. Apr 21, 2010 2:44 PM (in response to Guest )

Great race - great organization!  The mugs were an awesome prize last year.  Terrific food, music and lots of beer! After-party was a blast!  Can't wait to run it and party again!

Stayin' on the The Path...

• runLESLIErun Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 25, 2010
    3. May 2, 2010 11:04 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first 5k - what a great way to start!  The event was well planned.  Great Food and music after the run.  I'll be back again next year!

• tjrowland Rookie 6 posts since
    Jul 6, 2009
    4. May 2, 2010 11:16 AM (in response to Guest )

The race was great, the organization was great, the beer glasses as awards stunk. I think most runners would rather have a medal.

• JaimeLeigh Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 3, 2007
    5. May 2, 2010 11:48 AM (in response to Guest )

Great Local Race and great support from tons of volunteers--and awesome drumline at the turn around point.  Thanks Run-With-it!

• SaraGriffy Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 7, 2010
    6. May 2, 2010 12:13 PM (in response to Guest )

Very windy course, and a friend turned her ankle by stepping off the road into a sand dune. Band at turn around was taking a break or something when I got there (approx. 12 minutes into the race)! because there wasn't any real music to speak of. The start was very annoying with slooooow runners insisting on lining up in front, and then everyone had to weave around them.

• emilysimon40 Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 8, 2007
    7. May 2, 2010 1:31 PM (in response to Guest )

Nice Local Race.  My kids did the fun run and they had a wonderful time.  I ran the 5K.  Glad the money raised went to the Navarre Marine Science Station.  My kids and I will run again next year. 

• rnforrestrn Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 9, 2009
    8. May 2, 2010 2:43 PM (in response to Guest )

Fun race!  I liked the course, you could tell they had their bases fully covered with plenty of volunteers/race organizers throughout the entire event, the Navarre High School band was jammin' when I reached the turn-a-round, the post race party/meal/location (Juana's deck) was AWESOME.  I will run this one again next year for sure! 

• rnforrestrn Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 9, 2009
    9. May 2, 2010 2:43 PM (in response to Guest )

Fun race!  I liked the course, you could tell they had their bases fully covered with plenty of volunteers/race organizers throughout the entire event, the Navarre High School band was jammin' when I reached the turn-a-round, the post race party/meal/location (Juana's deck) was AWESOME.  I will run this one again next year for sure! 

• velina54411 Rookie 7 posts since
    Feb 18, 2010
    10. May 2, 2010 3:25 PM (in response to Guest )

This was a great race with lots of energy from the racers.  I think this was only the 2nd year, if so they did a great job, everything was very organized.  Loved watching all the children enjoying themselves in the fun run, absolutely adorable.  This course was a flat course, there was a head wind the second half, but who can predict weather conditions.  The after party was a blast, plenty of food and beer.  Can not wait for next year!

• mimi23 Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 3, 2009
    11. May 3, 2010 6:02 AM (in response to Guest )

Great run!  My grandson (5) did the Fun Run for the first time this year and had a good time.  Would rather have had the medals around the neck they had last year.  Did the race as a runner instead of a walker this year and the course is a very good one.  Great volunteers!!  Thank you.  Will do again next year.  Glad the race benefited the Science Center. 

• shane.kenny Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 30, 2008
    12. May 3, 2010 6:18 AM (in response to Guest )

I was in Pensacola visiting my parents and found this race on active.com.  I have the goal of lowering my PR on the 5k this year from 24:55 and figured a flat beach side run would probably allow me to accomplish this.  Probably would have gotten my PR had it not been for the fierce headwind during the last mile.  The race was well organized and the course was great.  The free beer and food afterward is a nice touch as well and not something I have ever experienced before.  My only suggestions would be: 1) A better marked start line - The course ended up being 3.15 miles for me.  That extra 0.05 of a mile made the difference on a PR or not.  2) Use medals for the people that place instead of, or in addition to, the beer mugs. Great race.  I will try to run it again next year and maybe bring some friends down from Atlanta with me.

• tcain983 Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 21, 2010
    13. May 3, 2010 8:18 PM (in response to Guest )

The race was great.  Very well organized. I really liked the band at the turn a round. Head wind made it rough on the last mile but thats mother nature.  The weather did not cooporate at all.  One suggestion is to have bottled water, as the the tap water really sucked.  Will run this race again next year.

• poomer Amateur 14 posts since
    Feb 6, 2008
    14. May 16, 2010 7:42 PM (in response to Guest )

Great race - fun time.  Great after party - lots of cold beer - only complaint is that I did not get food - line was way too long - should have two serving areas.  Got 2nd in my age group and LOVE THE BEER GLASS - will do this one again.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...