Skip navigation

6107 Views 31 Replies Latest reply: May 5, 2010 11:28 PM by 3XJumper RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • Ninerman72 Amateur 12 posts since
    Apr 6, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. May 3, 2010 9:10 AM (in response to Wbaugh123)
    Re: OC Marathon Reviews

I also had yet another rewarding experience... i PR'd in the half marathon and already looking forward to my next run. Hopefully can find one that isn't too pricey before next year's OC.

Amanda- sorry about your experience, a run shouldn't have to take so much logistical preparatioin in planning, personally that just adds to the stress and anxiety of the day (for me anyway) but i guess that is to be expected with events like this, especially with the Start/Finish being so far apart... which i don't care for either.

I had planned ahead of time to have my wife drop me off this year, cause i didn't want to take a chance on the shuttle getting me to the start line aftter the crowd was thousands deep and luckily it worked out. I got near the front of the pack and finished in 1:34 (unofficially). Feel pretty good today, although it took two "Aleve" yesterday to ease my pain-- congrats all!

Mario

p.s. Will i be able to claim this time as soon as the official times are emailed?

• 3XJumper Rookie 1 posts since
    May 5, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    31. May 5, 2010 11:28 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: OC Marathon Reviews

The OC Marathon was my first full marathon. Never even ran a half before. Not only was I from out of town, I registered only 4 days prior to the event. Came to town and ran solo as well. Had no problems with parking at the fairground or with getting shuttled to the start with plenty of time. Unlike some of the more experienced runners who ran into problems, I read everything I could about the event prior to registering, followed the instructions I was given and things worked out as well as I had hoped. Except for my final time of course. Yes, there weren't enough portopotties at the start and I had to exercise my right as a dude and utilize the bushes. Some woman passing by made a "gross!" statement to which my retort was "jealous!". The only other thing I found difficult was finding my way back to the parking lot where I parked my car after the race. Barely being able to walk made that part of my day even more fun. No complaints other than the ones I just mentioned. Oh wait, they also need to get rid of the Hi C. I took a sip of that stuff and it took two additional cups of water just to wash the nastiness out of my mouth. The watered down powerade late in the race was okay. Brought my own electrolytes so I can't comment on the ones provided on the course. I'm not some running prima donna and I barely broke 4 hours but I give the event a solid thumbs up and the entire experience only made me want to run more marathons. Can't wait for the SF in late July now thanks to this experience. The volunteers were awesome. Especially the kids. From the ones who helped me when I picked up my racing stuff to the ones who handed me water and cheered me on on the course to the one who hung the medal around my neck to the ones who gave me more water and food at the finish. I'm sure all of those kids have proud parents and teachers and I can't thank them enough. Happy trails people!

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...