Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

73668 Views 523 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2010 9:32 AM by JAT1986 Go to original post 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 35 Previous Next
  • JoanieP Amateur 29 posts since
    May 3, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    180. May 9, 2010 3:11 PM (in response to JAT1986)
    Re: Starting c25k monday may 3...anyone with me?

@caustic -lol i meant ipod

• fitgrrl2b Rookie 5 posts since
    May 4, 2010
    181. May 9, 2010 7:06 PM (in response to JoanieP)

Hi everyone.  Hope you all had a good Sunday.  And Happy Mother's Day to those to whom it applies.  I did my WATP video this morning which went well, so I am happy about that.  I was going to go for a walk with my best friend who is my walking/workout buddy these days, but she ended up forgetting her tennis shoes.  Oh well.  We are starting in about the same place in terms of being in shape, so that makes her a really good partner for such things.  Anyway, she has been inspired to start this program this week because of me.  Wow, I inspired someone!  So we are going to meet on Tuesday to do day 1 of our respective weeks together.  I have also decided to sign up for a 5K on July 4th.  I wasn't going to do any races until the fall, since I was wary of running too much outside in the heat and humidity of the summertime, but I figure if I go into it expecting that I will possibly have to walk some/a lot of it, I will be okay.  My friend is also planning to do this race with me, as I convinced her that the time it takes doesn't matter; just finishing will be an accomplishment for us. It will be right at the end of week 9 for me if I don't have to repeat any weeks, and week 8 for her.  I can't believe it, but I'm actually looking forward to it. 

All right, I will be checking in again soon, but I am going to go watch a little trash TV, and then go to bed.  Good-night, new running buddies.

Take care,

Rudi

First Scheduled 5K: Autism Speaks in Potomac, MD on 7/4/2010

• Ceeristin Amateur 21 posts since
    May 3, 2010
    183. May 10, 2010 2:16 AM (in response to JAT1986)

WOOHOO! W2D1 down. I was really nervous about upping the ante, but I lived to tell the tale. It's amazing how different 90 seconds feels to 60 seconds. I felt like I was really getting somewhere.

I changed my time of day, just out of necessity today and I have to say that it was good to have a little variety. The park at this time of day was FULL of runners, walkers, people boxing, doing yoga and so on. It was inspiring to be a "part" of the healthy lifestyle action.

Good luck to all of you as you're launching into Week 2!

• PamVino Expert 48 posts since
    May 4, 2010
    184. May 10, 2010 6:14 AM (in response to JAT1986)

Weigh-in day for me, happy to report down 3.4 lbs!
    Doing W2D1 tomorrow morning, I noticed a slight change in the way my clothes feel today - a little more room. Those smaller size clothes are waiting fo rme in the attic, hopefully I will be wearing them sooner than later.

Have a great day!

Pam V from CT

Started C25K May 4th, 2010

Graduate July ?, 2010
    Hope to run 1st 5K Sept. 4th 2010

40+ lbs to lose by Oct - March (Trying to be real here)

• notonmylastleg Amateur 25 posts since
    Apr 13, 2008
    185. May 10, 2010 7:11 AM (in response to JAT1986)

am going to repeat week 1; did w1, d3 last Saturday; tomorrow am going to do w1, d1 again; think I'll just feel better doing week 1 over.    good luck to all, whatever day, week you're doing. 

• BigBootyGirl Amateur 14 posts since
    Oct 23, 2009

Good morning running buddies!

My week 2 day 1 is now in the books.  I must say I did better than I expected!!  I did miss 30 seconds of running on my 5th interval ... just couldn't breathe.  I needed to slow it down for a minute, but finished stong in my 6th interval.  When I took off into my first running interval I was smiling, I couldn't believe how good it felt.  If you all remember, I was contemplating returning to week 1.  Now I plan to go onto w2d3 on Wednesday and hopefully complete the full circuit as intended.  If I cannot complete each interval, then I make drop back  ... we'll see.  I think I can do it though!!  Once again, looking ahead to week 3, I see 3 FULL MINUTES of running and about die just thinking about it.  I do remember feeling like that last week while I looked ahead to today, but it's done now!!

I hope everyone is successful this week!  I weigh in tomorrow, so we'll see how that looks.

Have a great day!!

- Adria -

Since Jan. 4, 2010:

18 pound weightloss

19.25 inches gone

started C25K May 3, 2010

• tholton Amateur 16 posts since
    Apr 22, 2008

caustic-Sounds like you and I are in much the same vein in terms of getting back into running smoothly.

Tried to do W2D1 on Friday but after my son's bball practice it was too late so got up Sat. morning for it and about 10 min in it started thundering and lightning. So, finally got to get out Sunday morning. It was chilly here, about 40, but I stretched well and after about 5 min warmed right up. After a bad W1D3, W2D1 went really well. In hindsight I think I may not have stretched enough on D3. I also did W2D1 with a partner and suprisingly it went really well. She and I really were at about the same level. It was actually really motivating.

• ariley72 Rookie 7 posts since
    May 6, 2010
    188. May 10, 2010 7:30 AM (in response to JAT1986)

Starting W3D1 this afternoon and kinda nervous about it, but we'll see how it goes.  Went to Mothers Day dinner at the in-laws yesterday and everything was batter dipped and fried.  Yuck, felt so bad after that even though I didn't eat that much.  Well back on course this morning.  Good luck this week.

• monkeylamb Amateur 38 posts since
    Apr 29, 2010
    189. May 10, 2010 8:40 AM (in response to JAT1986)

Despite getting off track last week due to a sick baby, I got all three of my week 1 workouts in.  Yay!  I actually ended up doing W1D3 twice in a row on Saturday.  I felt really good and motivated.  This was my first workout with hills.  I can feel soreness in my hip flexors but in a good way.  I have not actually signed up fora 5K yet.  There is one I'm interested in doing on July 25th though.  My issue is that I'm currently trying to get pregant with #2, and I'm not sure if I'm going to continue running once I get pregnant.  I know my husband is worried about me doing so.  I plan to see my OB early in the pregnancy, with my husband, to discuss safe excercise, more for my husband than myself.  I didn't workout during my first pregnancy.  I wasn't just getting back into a regular routine when I got pregnant, and I was so nervous during the first trimester that I stopped doing any exercise.  So, that's my story.

Amy - I know what you mean about feeling like you need to eat those last 3 points or so even if you are not hungry. It sounds like you have found something that works for you.

Hi Cin!  Welcome.  That's great that you did the marathon training with Team in Training.  I've always wanted to train with them.  I'm sure you will fall right back into step with this program.  The people who post here are very supportive, too.

robybot - Glad I'm not the only one who likes to run alone.  I have a friend at work who keeps trying to run with me and I feel so rude for saying no.  As a mom, I get so little time completely alone.  No way do I get lonely during my runs. 

Carey - Congrats on your 5K!

CausticRunner - I am doing C25K for the same reasons as you.  I recently got back into running and could run 3 1/3 mile by about my 5th run, but I hurt my knees so badly that I could not even get out of bed in the mornings.  My doctor confirmed that I didn't have any damage and advised me to take time off and ramp up the mileage slowly.  I am doing a decent amount of lower body work in my pump class on my non-run days as well. I am toying with the idea of skipping week 2 and going on to week 3.  What do you think about that?

June - Definitely don't beat yourself up.  You are doing great!  Besides, you are choosing to repeat week 1, not quit the program.

PamVino - Congrats on the excellent weigh in!  My weigh in is tomorrow.  I've been doing well, but my eating was a little heavier than usual this weekend so I'm preparing myself not to be disappointed if I don't have a loss.

Hope everyone has a good week!

• monkeylamb Amateur 38 posts since
    Apr 29, 2010
    191. May 10, 2010 11:59 AM (in response to JAT1986)

Well, I went ahead and did W3D1 at lunch.  I will see how my knees feel tomorrow.  I will go back to W2 if I have problems.  Nicole's podcasts really keep me motivated!

• kit1024 Amateur 13 posts since
    May 1, 2010
    192. May 10, 2010 12:36 PM (in response to JAT1986)

June - I actually started Weight Watchers the same day I started c25K, so they both are really influencing each other.  When I run, I don't want to ruin it by eating badly, and when I eat healthier it motivates me to go work out!  On Saturday, I had a breakthrough...I ate more calories than usual because we were traveling, and I actually WANTED to go run to burn off some of the calories!  Usually when I've eaten bad in the past I didn't feel it would make any difference to go work out.

Also, my first week of doing WW and c25K I lost 6 pounds!!!!  I know that's not going to happen each week, but it was a great start for me!

I'm going to go after work today and do W2 D1...a little nervous about the extra jogging time, but I know I can make it.

Erika

• TrinsPop Amateur 34 posts since
    Mar 7, 2010
    193. May 10, 2010 12:49 PM (in response to JAT1986)

June,

Glad to see someone starting this month. I'm going to start back today 5/10 on W2 so I will be on the same workouts. I got to the W5 workouts during Febuary- March and hit a wall & fell off the wagon & under the wagon. But since then I have missed the jogging; so I'm going to restart the C25K program. Thanks for starting the thread & I look forward to progressing with you all!! See ya on the road!! TJ

Daddy 1st, Hubby 2nd, everything else just matters only to make those possible & better !!! Trotting for a better, longer life !!! Be Well & Keep Striving!!!

• JoanieP Amateur 29 posts since
    May 3, 2010
    194. May 10, 2010 1:10 PM (in response to TrinsPop)

W2D1 is in the books! I decided to only track my running instead of the whole workout and it said I ran 3/4ths of a mile but mapmyrun.com says it was more, so I need to callibrate my sensor. I was so surprised when it was over - I forgot there are six running intervals instead of eight. I thought it was easier than last week. Im taking a total excercise break tomorrow.

1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 35 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...