Skip navigation

4067 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 24, 2010 9:40 PM by ryder100 RSS
llandi Rookie 1 posts since
Mar 27, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 27, 2009 12:14 PM

B12

Has anyone tried B12 injections, I heard they give you a great amount of energy, help your skin look great.  I am wondering if I have to get them from a physician. 

I am a runner that runs 40 to 45 miles a week, mom, manager, etc.  could use an energy boost for my busy and stressful life.

Haven't had that extra push to extend my long run - I am a former marathoner and half marathoner.

any info would be great.

thanks

• MelissaE Community Moderator 39 posts since
    Jun 7, 2007
    1. Apr 14, 2009 8:32 AM (in response to llandi)
    Re: B12

I think B12 shots are great. I always get an energy boost. They are really fabulous for your immune system too.

• goalby2010 Amateur 15 posts since
    Apr 13, 2009
    2. Apr 17, 2009 8:36 AM (in response to llandi)

Hi  llandi  I am a nutrition and health consultant too - Before you go for injections, Why don't you try XS Energy Gold Plus. 

XS Gold Energy Drink Plus is the ultimate functional energy drink! Using a proprietary formula, XSTM researchers have combined exotic fruit flavors, additional vitamins, minerals, and Essentra® - which preliminary research indicates may help the body cope with stress, support emotional balance, sharpen mental focus and stamina, boost mental clarity and concentration, and alleviate mental fatigue. XS Gold contains the exotic fruit flavors of acai, blackberries, blueberries, mangosteen, pomegranates, and red grapes. It packs a potent wallop of everything you've come to expect from XS Energy Drinks, plus an increased dose of B12 vitamins. Twelve 8.4 oz. cans Item #:745955 Price:$35.88 USD

CALORIES 10 CALORIES FROM FAT 0  Carbs 1.5g Sugar 1g

Vitamin B12 - 8000%

I am a distributor of this phenomenal product and you can buy this directly from You can buy at rmodi1.qhealthbeauty.com.

Also check out the protein shakes Vanilla and Chocolate.  These products are exclusive and you won't find them in market. 

• Active Giselle Active.com Staff 21 posts since
    Jun 4, 2008
    3. May 19, 2009 4:44 PM (in response to llandi)

B12 injections are great! B12 is also available in supplements and under-the-tongue tablets. These could be other alternatives in case you aren't able to see your physician or afraid of getting the injections.

Check out this B12 Fact Sheet from the National Institute of Health Office of Dietary Supplement.

Good luck! Let us know if you tried it and any thoughts for others.

• KerriKnoxRN Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 18, 2009
    4. Dec 19, 2009 12:16 AM (in response to llandi)

You absolutely don't need to waste your money on B12 shots. The REASON that they give you great energy is because they give you a big 'spike' and then your levels drop down, then you get another 'spike', etc. Why don't you just take high dose Vitamin B12 (preferably in the form of Methylcobalamin) if you want to try it out. Here's a page on why B12 shots are totally unnecessary.  Vitamin B12 Shot Problems

That way, you get steady and consistent energy instead of the ups and downs involved with gettting shots.

Kerri Knox, RN

Functional Medicine Practitioner

http://www.easy-immune-health.com/

• Brenda19016 Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 22, 2009
    5. Dec 19, 2009 5:37 AM (in response to llandi)

llandi-  If you are going to receive information about B12 shots, please get it from someone who has taken them from a reputable Dr. and can give first hand knowledge. You will have people say you risk this or that, or my energy drink does the same (not)!  The main reason people get the shots are because they feel lethargic or have this brain fog thing going on.  The reason people take the shots or the subliminal pills ( that go under the tongue) is because they enter the blood steam quickly.  Check WEBMD.com to get valid facts.  I myself take the shots and find that I DON'T crash during the middle of the day as I sometimes would and stay more alert.  In addition, there are no know side effects to vitiman B12 as it is a water soluable vitamin.  So take all these responses with a grain of salt and do your own due diligence and research ( even mine).

• ChampionFitPro Rookie 5 posts since
    Jan 17, 2010
    6. Jan 17, 2010 8:43 AM (in response to llandi)

I agree with not taking any shots, seeing how B12 is a water soluable vitamin and will not stay in your system long.  I like Spark or V16 if you are looking for an amazing increase in energy, and all the b vitamins you would ned for that time frame.

Here is a link Spark

and here is one for V16

Let me know if you have any questions!

In Health and fitness,

Kyle

• ryder100 Amateur 25 posts since
    May 7, 2010
    7. Nov 24, 2010 9:40 PM (in response to llandi)

B12 injections are great! B12 is furthermore   accessible in supplements and under-the-tongue tablets. These could be other  options  in case you aren't  adept  to  glimpse  your  doctor  or  aghast  of getting the injections.

hgh

human growth hormone

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points