Skip navigation

2424 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2011 4:35 PM by Beastcommander
ToughD Legend 502 posts since
May 11, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

May 11, 2010 5:31 PM

How do you get "In the Zone"?

I've gotten in the zone before, but only a couple times. When I'm "In the Zone" or like I always say, in the Empire State of Mind, I am unstoppable. Steals, rebounds, layups, threes, you name it I do it. But the only problem is, how do I get to that mental state, and the physical state strong enough to ignore the pain and play harder.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

- Kevin Durant

• MaxxHunter Pro 72 posts since
    Apr 2, 2010
    1. May 12, 2010 5:03 AM (in response to ToughD)
    Re: How do you get "In the Zone"?

Being "in the zone" is pretty much all about your view of the game. If the game is a blowout, it's probably not gonna be there. But if it's the 3rd quarter, the ball's in your hands and you block out everything except what you have to do, you have a way better chance of getting into the flow. I always get pumped up like that when I'm in a good mind state, plus just seeing one shot go down can effect your whole game.

• Busdriverkid Legend 362 posts since
    Apr 16, 2010
    3. May 12, 2010 7:24 AM (in response to ToughD)

What MaxxHunter said

• Malik18 Legend 377 posts since
    Mar 29, 2010
    4. May 12, 2010 9:41 AM (in response to ToughD)

I say you should start off with easy baskets, and just have an agressive beast like type mindset then move into the way you score best.

so me for instance, will start off with a layup of dunk, then a couple more drives to the hoop and midrange jumpers.and on D i just keep in my mind "im gonna haraas this guy,he wont score" or "im gonna block everything" type mindset. By the end i realized i dominated.

• properpropeller Amateur 11 posts since
    May 13, 2010
    6. May 13, 2010 5:54 PM (in response to ToughD)

i isolate myself the day of the game, and watch tapes of MJ, Kobe, and LeBron and go out and try what they do. I also show up early to my game and get used to the backboard and the rim. this is just how i get myself in a good position to get In the zone. early in the game i dont go out with an all out aggressiveness, but with a patience and a different view of the game. using fakes and jab steps etc a lot when everyone else is going all out and not focusing on that..

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM....

• panthernation7 Amateur 17 posts since
    May 8, 2010
    7. May 13, 2010 10:15 PM (in response to ToughD)

I know that when im in the zone im not really thinking about anything in particular im just playing and going off of my instincts so what i do is before the game i go out on the court and just do game type situtation stuff one right after the other in rapid progression but i make sure when i start that im not thinking about anything. Im not thinking about elavating when i shoot, i just shoot. I dont think about getting low when i drive i just do it and drive. So before the game starts i would go warm up and make sure that you arent thinking about anything you are just doing it. Hope this helps!

• Malik18 Legend 377 posts since
    Mar 29, 2010
    8. May 14, 2010 8:09 AM (in response to ToughD)

lol, you dont have to be able to dunk just kick off with layups instead. I meant to say layup or dunk

• Beastcommander Amateur 31 posts since
    Sep 10, 2011
    9. Sep 18, 2011 4:35 PM (in response to ToughD)

i in the zone by making heroic shots and when i sit down on the bench or get to the other end of the court and when my teamates are congragulating lating me on what i did and when the crowd gets hyped.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...