Skip navigation

968 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2010 7:09 AM by Louschu RSS
Currently Being Moderated

May 16, 2010 6:02 AM

Franklin First Fiddlin' Fish 5K Run and 1 Mile Walk Reviews

Share your experiences with the Franklin First Fiddlin' Fish 5K Run and 1 Mile Walk below Back to event details page.

• -John Amateur 15 posts since
    Oct 1, 2007

The venue of Historic Downtown Franklin was nice. The relative later start of 8:30 was a good idea considering all the other 5 k's on the same day.  They ran out of numbers even for the preregistered runners, which means the organizers need to do better planning. The awards were pastries, which is nice, as most of the award winners are not on a diet, (insert smiley face here.) The course is rolling hills out and back and was well monitored. There was plenty of water and orange sections at the finish line. There was no plan for the finish times except for 6 or 7 people with note pads trying to write down numbers and then looking at the clock for the time.

Altogether I think everyone had a good time and it was for a good cause.

• karadt Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 26, 2007

I've run this race twice and enjoy the course and the cause. As a frequent "road racer" I would appreciate a few things to better organize the event (i.e., having enough numbers and t-shirts, a more efficient timing system, a more organized award session, etc.), but overall I enjoy the fun, the atmosphere, and the relatively easy course. It is nice to have the support along the race route, and would be nice if they offered mile markers or times along the way, but either way it's nice to have cheerleaders. Fun race, fun times, and great prizes (food!).

• Pitts Hinson Rookie 2 posts since
    May 16, 2010

The event was great.  The venue is perfect.  The cause, helping the families of children with serious medical conditions, is outstanding.  The security along the course was very good; the music was very good; recognizing the sponsors was very good.  This event will continue to grow.  Thanks and congratulations to the organizers and event leadership for a job well done.  Children are the big winners!

• Camille Dufour Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 7, 2010

I loved the family-friendly atmosphere. Great security on the roads and great atmosphere. Can't wait for next year!

• Louschu Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 22, 2007

Was great for my 5 year old grandson - straight out and back 1 mile run with no confusing turns. Prizes were toys for all. The 5K is a bit hilly and a good spring challenge.

Definitely low key with cakes and cookies for top finishers. Monies go to a great cause. Race has grown from 250 to over 400 in one year and is simply a lot of fun. There are no timing chips and race times are not published so its not for everyone.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...