Skip navigation

145 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2010 1:35 PM by furious14 RSS
Currently Being Moderated

May 17, 2010 8:53 AM

Marine Corps Historic Half Reviews

Share your experiences with the Marine Corps Historic Half below Back to event details page.

• Southridge Runner Amateur 9 posts since
    Oct 29, 2007
    1. May 17, 2010 8:53 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Marine Corps Historic Half Reviews

My third MCHalf.  Yep, been in every one.  Another great day/time in Fredericksburg.  Okay, so the bibs were all flawed this year.  No problem, no big deal.  Let me tell you what a big deal is.  CANCER!  Now that is a big deal.  Watching your best friend's wife waste away at the young age of forty-six.  That's huge.  I thank the good Lord every day for just allowing me to continue to get out and run and be able to enjoy every step I take.  Just like the ole saying, "Life is what you make it!"  Oh how so very true.  I have two great kids, three great friends and married to the finest woman I have every known.  Once again the good Lord has looked down on me and smiled, and I thank HIM for it.    

• furious14 Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 17, 2008
    2. May 17, 2010 1:35 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Marine Corps Historic Half Reviews

This was one of the best races I have ever ran in.  Well, I could have done without some of the hills.  Fredericksburg is beautiful, the people are so friendly, Marines on every corner cheering us on was very touching.  We should be cheering them.  The race was ran so well.  The music along the way and at the finish was very festive!  Caused overweight, middle aged women like myself to start dancing.  Tequilla shots offered by the locals was hilarious!  When I went through they had already had 30 takers!  This was a great experience!  Thanks people!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...