Skip navigation

8836 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 20, 2011 9:50 PM by laxdreamer RSS
saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
Oct 2, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

May 22, 2008 9:05 AM

What tournaments are the best?

Anyone want to help make a list of the best lacrosse tournaments?

• amystrasser00 Amateur 5 posts since
    Jul 31, 2007
    1. Sep 29, 2009 11:16 AM (in response to saraallent)
    Re: What tournaments are the best?
    I'd love to know which tournaments are the best so I can plan ahead.
  • dLane16 Rookie 1 posts since
    May 1, 2009
    2. Feb 19, 2010 10:45 AM (in response to amystrasser00)

I am only involved with mens lacrosse, so not sure what you are looking for. My 16 y/o son played on a tournament team this past summer and again  this coming summer and by far the most fun he had was at the Lake Placid Summit tournament. Ity usually takes place first week of August, the weather was amazing the setting was beautiful and had some great competetion there as well. The cool thing about this tournmament was that it was guys and gals. For that one solid week its all lacrosse in Lake Placid New York. dependding on where you are it may be worth a long drive to go and really enjoy yourself.

• atrain1016 Amateur 36 posts since
    Aug 18, 2009
    3. Apr 19, 2010 12:51 PM (in response to saraallent)

What age groups are you looking for? And what part of the country? I play post-collegiate on a team in New York and we just came back from Cherry Blossom in DC which also has a U-18 tournament. Laxtoberfest in October in Annapolis is fun. The one that we have a blast at every year is the OC Lax Classic in Ocean City, Maryland in August.

• rheinen Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 27, 2009
    4. May 18, 2010 8:11 PM (in response to saraallent)

I would definitely put the Colonial Cup Tournament and Combine at the top of my list! It runs in Willliamsburg, VA July 24, 25 & 26. The venue has at least 7 lighted, pro-turf fields so no rainouts. They have 2017-2011 teams and college coaches coming from up and down the east coast, mid-west and west. Their Combine which runs the 25th-26th sets up drills and small game scenarios for 2014-2011 to work with college coaches. It's a great set up and in a great location...check it out!  http://www.eteamz.com/premiertournaments/index.cfm?subsite=5308479

• KasCoach Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 17, 2011
    5. Sep 17, 2011 5:05 AM (in response to rheinen)

The best resource I have found for Lacrosse tournament information is Lacrosse-Tournament-Guide.com They have just about every tournament in the US listed along with general info about each one. You can even review tournaments you've been to or read other people's reviews for some of them. Check it out at http://www.lacrosse-tournament-guide.com/

• laxdreamer Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 20, 2011
    6. Dec 20, 2011 9:50 PM (in response to rheinen)
    What tournaments are the best?

Was this tournament or combine set up for girls also? Were the college coaches there for active recruiting purposes or for teaching purposes or both? Did the players need to submit player profiles? Any information will be helpful to us as we plan to travel a great distance at considerable expense. thank you.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...