Skip navigation

2946 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2010 2:28 PM by darrell myrick RSS
SlowPokeChu Pro 64 posts since
Dec 29, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

May 21, 2010 3:36 PM

What do you think about?

Hey yalls,

When I go for long runs, I imagine I'm a secret agent chasing after precious cargo. When I swim, I imagine that I'm a shark.

What do you think about when you swim?

• TyKy Pro 134 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    1. May 22, 2010 2:06 PM (in response to SlowPokeChu)
    Re: What do you think about?

LOL to funny.

My thoughts must be very boaring.  While running I just kinda zone out.  Sing to music or something else that doesn't require much thought.  While swimming I am a total newbe so I am thinking about form and trying to remember to breath.  Being a runner and a new swimmer I have a tendency to forget.

Happy Thoughts

TyKy

• Emersonius Amateur 21 posts since
    Jul 13, 2009
    2. May 26, 2010 1:31 PM (in response to SlowPokeChu)

I don't think much, because I don't want to lose count of my laps.  Once your swims get long at all, losing track of the laps can become an issue.  I'm not sure how others handle this, but I stay on track by counting in different languages (it sounds bizarre, and not everyone can do it, but it works).  I always count the first ten lengths in English, then 11 - 20 in Norwegian, and then 20 - 30 in Spanish.  Then it's back to English, Norwegian, Spanish (ten each) for the rest of the workout.  Again, it's weird, but switching languages engages the brain a little more so that I don't lose track.  Lykke til, buena suerte, good luck!

• KurtinSC Pro 126 posts since
    Nov 23, 2009
    4. May 28, 2010 2:01 PM (in response to SlowPokeChu)

I'm mostly pushing myself.

I do very few long distance sets... focusing mainly on sets of 100's with a specific drill or trying to hold a specific pace.   I'm focusing entirely on the drill or trying to maximize speed.  I'm basically talking to myself in my head...

"Come on... get the shoulders rolling... kick those feet... got to make sure my streamline is tight off this turn... heart rate's going up, better back off the kick just a bit... shoulders are hurting, make sure I stretch the arm forward on the pull..."

Essentially... I'm coaching myself.  Kind of corny I guess.

• CarryTunes Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 3, 2010
    5. Jun 3, 2010 9:26 AM (in response to SlowPokeChu)

Ha I love it! There are weird people like me who think about strange things while swimming... I use an abacus while pool swimming so I don't have to think about counting laps... because I get so distracted thinking about other things... like lunch dates or dinner plans. I sing songs and mess with my breathing (to blow bubbles or not to blow bubbles that is a tough question!)

Happy Swimming everyone!

• darrell myrick Rookie 5 posts since
    Sep 22, 2008
    6. Jun 3, 2010 2:28 PM (in response to SlowPokeChu)

Turn before I hit my head, turn before I hit my head........ Good Boy

Turn before I hit my head, turn before I hit my head.........Good Boy

Turn before I hit my head, look at that pretty girl, I wonder if she's............DOH!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...