Skip navigation

1180 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2010 1:23 PM by ActiveAdmin RSS
Currently Being Moderated

May 15, 2010 7:44 AM

Run For The Kids Reviews

Share your experiences with the Run For The Kids below Back to event details page.

• e_bunny Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 17, 2009
    1. May 15, 2010 7:44 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Run For The Kids Reviews

So I show up to Balboa Park in San Diego since thats where it was suppose to be held at and no one was at the park. I dont think I had te wrong address cause thats what it says on here so I go to the 806 W Pennsylvania Ave and nothing it was someones house thsi would of been my first half marathon guess will have to wait for the next one..

• bond007ucsb Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 1, 2010
    2. May 15, 2010 2:00 PM (in response to Guest )

Is it possible to rank something that does not even exist?  Nice job active.com!  This was supposed to be my first 1/2 marathon and my friend came all the way down from LA to run it with me.  There was nothing at Balboa Park and we even spoke to a park ranger to assured us that no such event was taking place there today.  I will be demanding a full refund from this horrible experience.  I would have entered zero stars but the website forces me to enter some sort of rating.

• Tod89250 Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 13, 2009
    3. May 16, 2010 1:35 PM (in response to Guest )

Very disappointing.  This was to be my first half marathon.  After 5 calls to Active over the past 5 weeks I still couldn't get any information.  Have we been scammed?  It would seem that Active would verify the legitimacy of events posted on their website and would have shown interest in resolving this issue.  VERY disappointed!

• Kyle Zuch Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 25, 2010
    4. May 16, 2010 9:17 PM (in response to Guest )

Lame. I drove all he way to Balboa park from LA to run for the kids. How disappointing after showing up to find no event being held. Active.com you have failed on a major level here to ensure that what you put on your website is a real activity. I will be demanding my money back.

• ActiveAdmin Active.com Staff 61 posts since
    May 2, 2007
    5. Jun 4, 2010 1:23 PM (in response to Guest )

Active.com Community Members,

Thank you for sharing your recent comments regarding the Run for the Kids event. Your valuable reviews and comments on Active.com?s community board and event detail pages help ensure that races featured on our site are accurately portrayed and greatly assist other members looking to participate in events.

Upon reading comments about the Run for the Kids event in particular, we are in the process of contacting the event director to get more information about the canceled event. As a result, all upcoming events hosted by the event director have been removed from the Active.com directory until further notice.

If you registered for the event, we are in the process of refunding registration fees to all participants. Please review your accounts for the registration fee credit.

Your feedback is what makes Active.com such a useful and popular site for active people, and we encourage you continue sharing your thoughts and opinions about races and events posted here. We also welcome your ideas about how we can improve the site in general.

Thank you!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...