Skip navigation

779 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2010 8:54 PM by rioandvero RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 19, 2010 2:06 PM

Steamboat Triathlon Reviews

Share your experiences with the Steamboat Triathlon below Back to event details page.

• Jerry Bailey Rookie 3 posts since
    Mar 20, 2008
    1. Apr 19, 2010 2:07 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Steamboat Triathlon Reviews

Great mountian event (flat course though) and top notch venue.  Would be great if they added an oly distance !

• Kyle Ewing Rookie 2 posts since
    Feb 27, 2009
    2. Jun 9, 2010 8:43 PM (in response to Guest )

Lake is filled with underwater growth, but excellent race and fast course. Very well organized. Great after party and people

• Chase Scott Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 9, 2009
    3. Jul 26, 2010 8:51 AM (in response to Guest )

The course is a nice mix between a Sprint and Olympic distance with beautiful views.  This was my first triathlon and it got me hooked (FLORIDA IRONMAN 2010).  Very well organized, fun after party!!

• rioandvero Rookie 3 posts since
    Jun 21, 2010
    4. Aug 29, 2010 8:54 PM (in response to Guest )

If you're going to participate in this race, make sure to read and learn by heart the whole USAT rules. Otherwise you might be disqualified just for riding your bicycle back to your car after the race without wearing your helmet.

Yes! how many of us ride back to our cars or to the race venue with helmets in our backpacks? Well, if you didn't know it like myself,it's against the USAT rules adn you can get DQ

At this race you will encounter the twin sisters wearing the red jackets who are USAT officials that work this race ... and they will hunt you down....

Like they told me today when they DQ me and my husband after winning our relay race "Today, you were caught"

And what was the horrible crime?

Riding my bike next to him when he was running to cheer him up without wearing my helmet/

Though beautiful scenery, today I felt like I was being scolded by the school principal or even worst... the police. Again, this should be about fun and healthy comeptition, not persecution. I say this because I dont think this official saw me, because she came to ask me after the fact If I had ran that leg (my husband had) so if she had seen me committing the "crime" on my "bike" why would she come and ask me if i had "ran" ( a set up?) And then said "I remember your pig tails"

The USAT twin official even had the face to tell me when I pointed out that I had seen dozens of people riding to the race venue in the AM without wearing their helmets adn I didn't see them out there taking notes, names numbers and DQ ing people.. When i pointed out why they were sanctioning just me she said: "it's like with the police: they can't catch everybody who is speeding" (?????)

Great! That should be the event director's marketing campaign for this race nest year: "If the police didn't catch you....our USAT officials will".

I believe from going to the races that more than 80 percent do it just for fun and see how far they can go by pushing themselves. A lof of these people don't have time soemtimes to atten d the race meetings which are organized (as in teh case of this race ) almosta  full day before the race starts.

Nor they even know there are such strict rules. They want to have fun. They see the twins with their red jackets riding a motorcycle next to them when they are riding their bikes (carrying a notepad) and they probably think: "who are they? what are they doing?"

Nobody should go back home after such an event feeling miserable.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...