Skip navigation

1659 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2010 7:01 PM by lv2trot RSS
Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
Dec 15, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 10, 2010 11:03 PM

500 miles in 1 month

Okay so I had proposed this once or twice prior.  I am and have been running pretty solid the past several weeks and feel like I will be up for the challenge.  All in all 500 miles in one month would be difficult if one were going to shoot for 16+ miles a day for the month but I am going about it differently.  I will be running a mile for the date; i.e. the 1st will be 1 mile, 10th 10 miles, 13th 13 miles etc.  This combination will get me to 496 by months end.  I will get an additional 4 miles at the end of the race by going back 2 miles and linking up with one of the injured Marines who will be running that same day.  I am going to run 35 miles on the day of the marathon.  This is so I can reach 500 miles by months end and also to celebrate the platform I am using to utilize my talents for better.  35 miles on the 35th running of the MCM in my 35th year of life in the Marine Corps' 235th of existence.  My legs will be spent and my defenses down by the months end but it will all be done for a good cause.  To raise awareness and funds for the Semper Fi Injured Marines Fund.  I am currently up to about 10% of my goal of $5000.  If you feel compelled to donate then please do so by clicking my link in the signature block.  I know to some this will sound crazy but I suppose it is the least I can do to assist those who have given of themselves in ways unimaginable to many.  I still have my two legs and full function of my body so I might as well use it for those who have given up theirs for my freedom.

Jimmy D.

This place is like home!!!!

• BOSNPM We're Not Worthy 2,482 posts since
    Nov 20, 2007
    1. Jun 11, 2010 4:44 AM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)
    Re: 500 miles in 1 month

A hugh task, but you are the man for the job.  Good luck Phillip

• MCM Ron Legend 1,916 posts since
    Jan 19, 2008
    2. Jun 11, 2010 9:55 AM (in response to BOSNPM)

Jimmy,

Way to take action and make a difference!   As for the 500 in Oct, I think the 24th-30th will be quite a challenge!  If you're in town for a few of those days, maybe you'd let me share a few of those miles with you?  (If I can keep up!)

Best of luck!

Ron

PS  I forwarded your post to a couple of friends that hopefully will help out too.  Others out there may want to do the same.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.  (from my ice tea lid)

• PersianP Legend 468 posts since
    Oct 14, 2008
    4. Jun 12, 2010 5:40 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

I did a couple of those last year. I might be able to do it this month, I have been very consistence with 16 to 18 daily.

Good luck to you, it is a great challenge.

• FormerBAM We're Not Worthy 4,378 posts since
    Aug 21, 2007
    5. Jun 14, 2010 2:34 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

Jimmy, as usual, you are friggin' amazing.  I'm happy to contribute and happy to fly out a day or two early and run with you.  But not 30 miles in a day ;-)

BTW, I've been averaging about a tenth of that per month :-/

It works for me.

Proud to call you my friend.

Nita

• lv2trot Pro 164 posts since
    Jul 9, 2009
    6. Jun 14, 2010 7:01 PM (in response to Jimmy_D_Jarhead)

Jimmy D - WOW.  That is so inspiring.  I will remember that on 31 October.  Truly amazing.

This is why I just LOVE this board.  Keeps me going.

If you can't stand behind our troops, Feel Free to Stand in Front of Them.

~ Speed is fine, Accuracy is Final. ~

MCM10k October'09 (1:28:41)  1st race ever

R2R10k - March '10 (1:15:41)

35th MCM 2010!  ~ 26.2 - Is It In You? (6:18:39)

Next up, so far:  run4virginiawine - Destination Run ~ 1/2 Marathon ~ 4 June 2011

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...