Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

905 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2010 4:27 AM by KateG123
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 13, 2010 12:52 PM

Route 66 10K Reviews

Share your experiences with the Route 66 10K below Back to event details page.

• KyleA37 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 13, 2010
    1. Jun 13, 2010 12:52 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Route 66 10K Reviews

The event was well planned.  Everyone was friendly and helpful.  I was the last "runner" to cross the finish line.  Volunteers, signs and water were still present at every station, if they had waited an extra two minutes before they started taking things down it would of set a different/better mood.  A volunteer had me pose for a picture with my wife at the finish line, nice touch.  Great event ~ good job.

• Michelle52511 Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 17, 2009
    2. Jun 13, 2010 2:06 PM (in response to Guest )

This was truly a wonderful event.  The weekly emails kept us involved and excited.  The event itself was so well supported and all of the volunteers were wonderful.  The waterstops were amazing (especially mile 4).  The whole event just couldn't have been better and my husband and I will definitely do this again next year!!!

• christine94 Expert 56 posts since
    Sep 23, 2008
    3. Jun 13, 2010 2:40 PM (in response to Guest )

The event this year was well pulled together.  I enjoyed all the positive changes that were made for the event this year.  I really enjoyed the pictures that were taken, many more than last year.  The photographer did an amazing job capturing the runners and the day. I hope you keep them as the photographer for the event!   I'm also grateful for all the awesome volunteers who were at the water stations and gatorade stations.  Without them it wouldn't have been a good run.  Certainly an event i'm keeping in my line up of "must do" races.  Thank you for a great run on a very hot day!

• bubbabiker Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 30, 2009
    4. Jun 14, 2010 5:21 AM (in response to Guest )

I believe the Metro Milers Club did an excellent job in organizing this event.  There was plenty of liquids available throughout the route.  The volunteers did an excellent job.  The route was very nice.  Hats off the the Metro Milers Club.

• skytrollie Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 1, 2010
    5. Jun 14, 2010 6:25 AM (in response to Guest )

This was a well organized race! Small group but handled as if they had 2000 running! The emails weekly were great. The course was beautiful and well marked. The volunteers

standing there cheering us on..Thanks for getting up so early to cheer us on.

Will be there next year!

• allfunbob Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 8, 2008
    6. Jun 14, 2010 8:31 PM (in response to Guest )

Excellent event and I will make sure I do it again next year!

• KateG123 Rookie 3 posts since
    Sep 20, 2009
    7. Jun 16, 2010 4:27 AM (in response to Guest )

Well organized and supported.  I loved the daily emails and looked forward to them.  Well-marked course, lots of volunteers, and plenty of water/Gatorade.  I'll be back next year!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...