Skip navigation

1885 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Jul 8, 2010 8:31 AM by MCM Ron
MCM Ron Legend 1,916 posts since
Jan 19, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 21, 2010 3:28 AM

Autism Speaks 5K & Raeann's Runners!

Dear MCM Friends,

Please read the message below from my daughter.  Those of you who've been with this forum for a while are familiar with our past participation with this race to benefit autism, and I'd like to again thank you for all of the wonderful support that we've recieved from you in the past, both in terms of donations and as fellow runners!  You guys have been incredible!  And now, race day nears once again... 

Thanks,

Ron

Dear Marine Corps Marathon Forum Members,

My name is Raeann Robisch and I'm a freshman at Urbana High School in Urbana, Maryland. On the morning of July 4th, I will be running in the Autism Speaks 5K in Potomac, Maryland. This race exists because there are many people like me that have autism, and this race raises money to help find a cure. Autism affects 1 out of every 110 kids.

I'm writing to ask for your help. You can help by either donating money or by joining my team, Raeann's Runners, to run. I'll be doing the 5K, but there's also a 1 mile walk. To donate money, you can go to my web page by clicking this link:  http://events.autismspeaks.org/autismspeaks5k/raeann?faf=1&e=3497302559 .   Or you could donate by sending a check to me (payable to Autism Speaks) at Raeann Robisch, 4990 Linganore View Drive, Monrovia, MD 21770.

If you'd like to join me for the 5K, just go to the race website at www.potomac5k.org and click the "Register" tab. Then make sure you pick "Join a Team" and pick my team, Raeann's Runners, from the list. It will be a really fun day. I hope you can come!

Sincerely,
Raeann Robisch

PS. I will be singing the National Anthem before the race!

Raeannsrunnerslogo2010color300x234.jpg

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.  (from my ice tea lid)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...