Skip navigation

1682 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2010 7:14 AM by rbird
Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
Dec 15, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 21, 2010 7:39 PM

My Plan

My overall plan is to just add miles upon miles each month in a progressive nature.  With that being said I am trying to do this in ways that will enhance my marathon in Maui ( which as they say on their website is not just a race but a vacation in paradise and the course is an awesome sightseeing tour on foot).  I have a bigger goal for the month of October of running the date in miles each day.  This will leave me at 496 miles by the 31st.  My plan is to run 5 miles before race start and then at the end going back and running an additional 4 miles to get to 500.2 miles.

The remainder of my month is going to get me in the mental track of doing this.  I ran 6 miles on the 21st and will add a mile a day for the ramining days of this month.  This Saturday is my wifes birthday and I am going to run half her age in miles that day, then the following day get back to the daily plan.  This will let me know how to better prepare for the feat I am facing.  July I may do much the same but be more creative towards the middle to end of the month.

6+7+8+9+10+18+12+13+14+15 = 112 in 10 days is a start for my insanity and should shock my body back into the mindset of multiple double digit days in a row.  Wish me luck and don't forget to spread my message about the Semper Fi Injured Marines Fund and all they do to assist injured servicemembers in ways the military and American are not equiped to do.  It is my way of paying it forward.  Donate Donate Donate and when you have that next cup of Starbucks, or that next lunch out think of how that could have helped someone in need of some good uplifting giving.  Rambling on is coming to an end.

Jimmy D

This place is like home!!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...