Skip navigation

7433 Views 49 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2010 12:29 PM by jlrunr RSS Go to original post 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • Ronald LeClair Rookie 3 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    45. Jun 17, 2010 6:53 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Survivor Harbor 7, 2010 Reviews

Don't run this race unless you're a camel and can go without water and have no need to know which mile you're at.  I know I'm echoing most other reviews but a race of this size must take care of the basics and the organizers didn't.  They had to know how many had registered so the lack of water is unforgivable.  Mixing up the winners names at the end and giving out the plaques to the wrong people was a great finishing touch.

• Stallis87 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 19, 2009
    46. Jun 17, 2010 2:49 PM (in response to Guest )

The organiation of this race left something to be desired.  The timing chip pick-up was not clearly communicated, the mile markers were barely noticeable, the water stations were insufficient considering the temperature/humidity and they weren't properly located.  I would need some strong enticement to run this race again.

• Keith M Carey Amateur 29 posts since
    Mar 5, 2008
    47. Jun 21, 2010 4:58 AM (in response to Guest )

I WILL be filing a formal race license complaint since the dixie cups of water were insufficent and lack of water at water stations was DANGEROUS!

I run with a hydrator, so it didn't effect me other than directing other heat stroke effected runners to the medic while I ran. I brought these issues (lack of spot a pots at start, water station with teens talking that had water but none in cups, water station with water jugs but no cups, dixie cups at other stations and finish, etc.) up to the organizer and was told that my first hand observations were incorrect. No surprise since this was the same person who I asked if the buses were still running and got a smart *** remark from that I was running late after having to drive around looking for a parking spot.

I HIGHLY recommend everyone contact the Baltimore City office of licenses and file a FORMAL complaint about this race. This won't stop the race, which I think is for an outstanding cause, BUT WILL force the organizer to address the issues otherwise they won't get their race license to have the event.

I think we as runners need to accept the responsibility to force organizers to hold races SAFELY in the future when they want our support of their charities and don't use common sense. So, join me in filing a formal complaint.

• roger barbee Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 23, 2008
    48. Jun 21, 2010 7:18 PM (in response to Guest )

In running a 7 miler, no person should need water. It is a sprint, and  I tire of you folks who think you need water every step of the way. Hydrate before the race and stop complaining. If you want to be pampered, stay home!

• jlrunr Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 15, 2010
    49. Jun 27, 2010 12:29 PM (in response to Guest )

Unfortunately, after running the Survivor 7 for the past five years,this will be our last one. The late start, lack of water, and no fruit drinks,gaterade or beer put the final nail in the coffin.Drinking warm water and eating hot peanut butter at the finish in 90-degree heat, we were thinking of the 5-mile race we missed that was half the price, has cold water and free beer. We will be there next year. 

1 2 3 4 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...