Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

651 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Jul 1, 2010 5:59 PM by disneygal2
Sanphilly Amateur 11 posts since
May 10, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jun 29, 2010 7:56 AM

Half-Marathon Advice

Greetings--

I'm hoping I can get some feedback from some experienced runners on a realistic goal for my first half-marathon.  I've been running for just over a year, I'm 34 years old and only have one race under my belt--a 10-miler in which I ran a 1:16.  Is it ridiculous to try to run the half in around 1:20?  I have 3 months to train.  The 10-mile race was relatively easy and I'm sure, in hindsight, I could've pushed harder and shaved minutes off my time; however, due to inexperience I think I held back more than I should've.

Any feedback would be great!  Thanks!!

• disneygal2 Legend 455 posts since
    Sep 30, 2009
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jul 1, 2010 5:59 PM (in response to Sanphilly)
    Re: Half-Marathon Advice

Without more information it would be hard to say.  It will depend on the course comparison as well.  Was you 10 mile race hilly?  Will the half be hilly?   What is your training pace like now..  As you get closer you'll be able to figure out a good time goal.  Best wishes for a speedy half for you!

PRAISE GOD!!!

Couch to 5 K Graduation Day November 26, 2009

Dana Hills Turkey Trot  Thanksgiving Day 2009 5 K....  Time 32:22  MY FIRST 5k

Jan 9 Irvine 5k Time 32:52

Feb 7 Super Bowl 10k  1:08:31  MY FIRST 10K

September 5 2010  DISNEYLAND HALF MARATHON:  2:41:00

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...