Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

4896 Views 16 Replies Latest reply: Jul 26, 2010 3:48 PM by joeyverville RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • dfitz* Legend 612 posts since
    Aug 20, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Mar 26, 2010 8:20 PM (in response to keeping up with you)
    Re: keeping up with you

There's no reason to feel guilty! Everyone understands where you're coming from. I thought it might be good to double-check your pace (which you did) so you didn't line up at your 10k race in the "10-minute mile" starting group and get trampled!   Whether you're fast, slow, or middle of the pack; everyone gets the same cheer from bystanders. Soak up the atmosphere; your first race is always memorable, and a ton of fun.

• joeyverville Amateur 61 posts since
    Aug 31, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    16. Jul 26, 2010 3:48 PM (in response to dfitz*)
    Re: keeping up with you

Whatever your pace, walking or running, you are out there doing something, moving.  Your goal of completing the 10K is a great one.  My hubby and I did our first 10K this spring, walking (it was pouring down rain) and were proud of our accomplishments.  Believe me, there were plenty of  people ahead of us but we weren't last either.  Your time is your time and after your first race, you'll have a baseline for future walks or runs.  Have a wonderful time and again, good for you for getting out there!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points