Skip navigation

5828 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2010 9:27 AM by ericbenjaming
Zacksly Expert 40 posts since
Jul 24, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 26, 2010 7:41 PM

Whos Better?  Lakers or Heat?

I still think the lakers are better because they have raw talent, and who do the heat have, LBJ Dwade and Bosh.  The Lakers have a solid point guard which the heat dot have.  I think the lakers might have had a better offseason than the heat.  The heat spent all their money on 3 players.  The lakers got shannon brown back, signed steve blake and matt barnes.

So whos better?

Attachments:
  • BBalllover53 Legend 335 posts since
    Mar 30, 2010
    1. Jul 26, 2010 8:02 PM (in response to Zacksly)
    Re: Whos Better? Lakers or Heat?

CELTICS

• Fox97 Pro 94 posts since
    Jul 22, 2010
    2. Jul 26, 2010 9:46 PM (in response to Zacksly)

Lakers. Heres why. First off they have a bench that has shown it can be productive. Second, They are BIG. Third, compare the four spot, Bosh is under sized compared to Gasols 7 foot frame. Fourth, The Lake show have a dominate center in Bynum. Last, The Lakers have added a few parts but they still have a central core of guys who can play together and win. Case in point last year. Thats why i say right now the Lakers are better, but in 2 years, Miami will be 1 of the most dominate teams in the league behind the Chicago Bulls.

• ToughD Legend 502 posts since
    May 11, 2010
    4. Jul 27, 2010 8:44 AM (in response to Zacksly)

I still think the Lakers are better, cause they have a better bench.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

- Kevin Durant

• Phenom70 Legend 574 posts since
    Jul 27, 2010
    5. Aug 1, 2010 9:21 PM (in response to ToughD)

Because they are the Champs, and made some quiet, but great upgrades to there bench, I have to give it to the Lakers.

Sure, the Heat have the "New Big 3", but none of them can guard Kobe. Lebron could handle him to some extent, but Kobe can turn it on. D-Wade has the memory of one of Kobe's luckiest shots ever when he banked it off the glass, off one foot, off balanced, while he was at the peak of his jump, and Wade had his hand right in Bryant's face. The Black Mamba is one of the greatest to ever play.

Gasol is better than Bosh, but Bosh is young, and could be a bit better than Gasol is at this moment with some more time, but playing with two superstars will make a difference. Odom is the X-Factor in a series between them. If he's playing well, they'll be hard to stop. If not, that should give the Heat a chance to win.

I think the chemistry will develop over the season with the Heat, faster than the Lakers will. Barnes and Ron are the same. Barnes gets upset though, and Ron learned to keep his cool. Plus, I think he's a better defender. Barnes is quicker and faster though, so they both provide defensive problems to James and Wade. The Heat's big men can't compete with Bynum, when healthy. Fish is a good PG now, not as fast, but his leadership qualities, and his offensive prowess and awareness make up for it.

I'd give the Lakers the series in 6.

The Heat should win eventually, but not yet with all these veterans, three or four years past there prime, if not more. They can't keep up with LA. The Lakers made the changes to kick up there defense this year with bringing Barnes and Ratliff in, and Ebanks and Caracter will learn slowly, but should be helpful, if only a bit. But that's all they need to be is "OK" with a stacked Lakers team.

• Pointguard1995 Legend 304 posts since
    Apr 24, 2010
    6. Aug 3, 2010 9:09 AM (in response to Zacksly)

The Lakers are better.

The lakers have a better and younger bench,and can match the heat's three superstars: kobe on lebron,artest on wade and pau on bosh.

• PHXSuns1 Legend 361 posts since
    Apr 25, 2010
    7. Aug 3, 2010 9:25 AM (in response to Zacksly)

Los Angeles Lakers they have Talent a Great Bench and have Won Titles. Miami will Show it next Season with LeBron,Wade & Bosh. But there Bench is OK!!! beacuse they have old Stars ecsape Mario and Miller.

Jul 27, 2010
    8. Aug 3, 2010 10:13 AM (in response to PHXSuns1)

You spelled, 'except' wrong.

And 'escape'. lol.

I don't know what you mean...haha...

• Wade3 Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 2, 2010
    9. Aug 3, 2010 10:19 AM (in response to Zacksly)

Miami Heat are better than the Lakers because simply Heat have better players. LeBron can take on anyone Kobe or Pau Gasol. Dwyane Wade gots the point guard Bosh Gots Pau Gasol and ilgauskas gots the center.

Jul 27, 2010
    10. Aug 3, 2010 10:36 AM (in response to Wade3)

You're a fool if you think Bosh is better than Gasol.

D-Wade and Lebron are not better than Kobe, and they cannot guard him either. I think everyone thinks Kobe is slowing down, but he was injured throughout the year and the playoffs. Now, this year, with much needed rest, and having had surgery on his knee, he'll show he's not old. We'll get the '08 Kobe in my opinion, where no one could stop him, and everyone said he was the best player in the league. Bynum is too strong for Big Z. Artest should guard Wade, and Kobe on LBJ, or the newly acquired Barnes.

If you don't believe that Kobe can't handle them, look back to when they played the Cavs. Kobe did what he want, but he forced some bad shots. But, the Lakers's team, don't count Kobe in this, proved they could lead themselves to victory whether Bryant had a good shooting game or not. Lakers added tougher players, while Miami added veterans, and it's up in the air if it'll work this season. All those veterans are 30 something or more years old, so the team won't hold up for long. They should've signed less money, so the team had cap space to work for in the future. But, the Heat think they gcan win big for the next 6 six years or so.

And, Wade can't guard Kobe. Go on Youtube and type, "Kobe hits backboard game winner over Wade". If that isn't enough for you, then I don't know what is.

The Heat have three good players, while the Lakers have more, and better chemistry. You can't say the Heat have that right now, because they haven't even had training camp. The Lakers only added three new players, and count 5 if you include the rookies they should sign.

The Lakers are the better team, and that's that. Winning in the season doesn't matter. You're basically just playing for a ranking in the playoffs, the higher you are, the better your chances, but that's not always the case. Lebron and the Cavs beat the Lakers a few times during the season, but they didn't reach the Finals, and the Lakers did.

So, just because you get James and Bosh, don't expect to win it all.

• Pointguard1995 Legend 304 posts since
    Apr 24, 2010
    11. Aug 3, 2010 7:52 PM (in response to Phenom70)

I totaly agree with you.This is exactly what ive been telling all these miami heat bandwagoners from the beginning.

• lakersfan4life Rookie 6 posts since
    Aug 3, 2010
    12. Aug 3, 2010 10:41 PM (in response to Zacksly)

LAKERS ALL THE WAY FOR TE 3-PEAT

• Will34 Pro 66 posts since
    Jul 24, 2010
    13. Aug 4, 2010 7:38 AM (in response to Zacksly)

HEAT

• ericbenjaming Legend 456 posts since
    Jan 5, 2009
    14. Aug 4, 2010 9:27 AM (in response to Zacksly)

I agree, can't be the Celtics, they're getting older and now they get the 38-old Shaq on their rosters.

I will still say Lakers is better, since they're just so solid these years, and the team's getting muture and concrete.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points