Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

894 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2010 9:27 AM by choochi RSS
choochi Rookie 4 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 29, 2010 5:19 AM

is anyone else going numb ?

Hi.  I have been running for 8 years now but have been having problems for the last two years and now things are getting worse.  I used to run 6+ miles two or three times a week but now struggle after 2.5 and can never get further than 3. It started with my knee feeling uncomfortable so I quickly got this checked out and the mri scan came back with the all clear.  i carried on running and ignored the knee. Next shin started to hurt on the same leg and i also noticed that i was not totally in control of my foot.  I know it sounds crazy but sometimes it trips me up cos it feels sort of floppy.  By this time I dare not road run and am stuck on treadmill.  Also sometimes my toes would tingle and then go numb but lately my whole lower leg feels wierd. I am seeing a podiatrist soon and am going to have nerve conduction tests done.  okay I think to myself i may start to get some answers soon but the worst thing is that the other leg appears to be going the same way too.  Has anyone experienced these sort of symptoms ?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points