Skip navigation

2974 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2016 1:35 AM by CarlShirley0
Katharynmc Rookie 1 posts since
Mar 18, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 16, 2010 9:12 AM

Book Reccomendations?

What books would you reccomend for an active pregnancy?  I am seeking books that are tailored to already fit, athletic women who would like to maintain the active lifestyle continuing to run, bike, weight lift, etc.  Thanks!

• KK74 Amateur 38 posts since
    May 19, 2009
    1. Jul 31, 2010 2:36 PM (in response to Katharynmc)
    Re: Book Reccomendations?

That's a good one!

7 weeks for me,, maybe I'll google some books! Hope you found some since it looks like I'm the first to respond to the thread.

Kelly

• CarlShirley0 Rookie 6 posts since
    May 18, 2016
    2. May 19, 2016 1:35 AM (in response to KK74)
    Re: Book Reccomendations?

Back when babies were just daydreams, I recieved "What to Expect When You're Expecting" (3rd ed.) from a pregnant friend who had an extra copy which she saw atl http://www.babyconsumers.com/best-pregnancy-books/. Not knowing any better, I was quite pleased. Once I became pregnant and actually needed a guide, however, that changed. I found the book to be poorly organized, overly conversational and condescending in tone (especially given my plans to be a stay-at-home mom), and generally useless for anything other than instilling fear and paranoia. Most exasperating, though, was the "organization." Symptoms that can arise during varying parts of pregnancy are scattered haphazardly amongst the monthly chapters. This means that the book must be read cover to cover and all material retained in memory if hunting through the index and flipping back and forth between sections doesn't sound appealing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...