Skip navigation

1279 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2010 6:36 PM by Revyrev RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 1, 2010 10:14 AM

13th Annual Goodlettsville Classic 4 Mile Run/Walk Reviews

Share your experiences with the 13th Annual Goodlettsville Classic 4 Mile Run/Walk below Back to event details page.

• -John Amateur 15 posts since
    Oct 1, 2007

Everything went well, folks were happy and friendly. There weren't quite enough bathroom facilities but there was plenty of water, snacks afterwards, nice T shirt and the course was good. There were some patches of  dirt to run on that made for some loss of traction but this was in the shade so that made up for it...

I will definitely run it again.  If possible next year it would be nice to mark the awards with the place and division.

• paticrews Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 7, 2010

I was concerned about the weather as I was coming from Fort Campbell. It was storming here at the time I was to leave and it was heading towards Goodlettsville. Having never participated in a run/walk event before, I would have liked to have a phone number or other form of communication about whether it was going to be postponed due to the weather, if it even rained there. I guess I will have to get used to the way these runs work. Do they ever postpone due to weather?

• Misty1982 Rookie 1 posts since
    May 27, 2010

Everything went well.  The parking was a little crazy but worked out.  The t shirt was nice.  The course for the most part was good, there was a few areas that were rough probably due to the previouse flooding.  I agree that there were not enough bathroom facilites.  The snacks and drinks were nice to have at the end but they did run out of water and only had sodas left.

• crombie32 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 29, 2010

I would have to give the course high rankings. It is flat and fast and shaded well. I enjoy the switch from pavement to the trail during the race gives it a more cross country feel. The use of timing chips this year made the results process much quicker and efficient. Having had run it last year I will say that the planning of the water stop and food/drinks after the race were not up to par as compared to last year. Running out of water for the water stop is a major let down in my eyes especially when the race is in the midst of the summer heat. Also having to stop and wait to get a drink of water at the second stop rubbed me the wrong way. As for after the race goodies/snacks its upsetting to run out of the majority of decent food but my gripe again was there were two coolers full of carbonated pop and only one of water. I love my sugar drinks, but after a hard run in the heat I would like water. I was fortunate to get water, but I feel for those who had to go without. Location is a plus, there is plenty of parking although with the number of participants growing some may have to park further than liked, my advise show up early.

• blakekimo Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 29, 2008

I was a little disappointed by the organization of this event. It was my first year here and I probably will not be back. The Tshirt was nice and the course was fine. Parking was a bit crazy and someone should have been out there telling people that first lot was full and that you couldn't turn around easily. Running out of water (or cups) out on the course is a bad idea, then to finish and realize they have run out of water and have soda and chips for snacks was just bad planning. I was surprised that this was the 13th year. You would think they would have the kinks worked out.

• larrydavies Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 28, 2009

Great run! the parking needed a little direction, more water, GREAT shirt design!, I'll be back next year.

• Revyrev Rookie 5 posts since
    May 24, 2010

This was my first time running in the Goodlettsville Classic.  Great race for training for other races!  All of the race participants were upbeat and engaging!  T-Shirt was definitely a great Win!  Chimp timing by Nashville Striders is always a 2 thumbs up!  Just  a little confused on the start and chip activation, but it worked out!  I will probably run this race again next year!

Willie

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...