Skip navigation

3761 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2010 6:16 PM by Phenom70 RSS
paugasol Amateur 26 posts since
Jul 28, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 8, 2010 1:58 PM

Kobe vs Lebron injury wise

well through out the season kobe and lebron have had various injurys. the only difference is that kobe fought through them. lebron got the media all over his little elbow sprain and even his kids got on tv and talked about it and i dont see kobes kids doin that in fact the first game back he hardly complained and played great aganst the grizlies and got 33 pts and the game winner i think kobe has more heart than lebron

• PHXSuns1 Legend 361 posts since
    Apr 25, 2010
    1. Aug 8, 2010 3:08 PM (in response to paugasol)
    Re: Kobe vs Lebron injury wise

Kobe Bryant is the only Player who can play a season with Injurires in 2010. LeBron can't It effects him but this is hands down Kobe playing through It.

Milwaukee+Brewers+v+Los+Angeles+Dodgers+UjVmevbDfNLl.jpg

• BBalllover53 Legend 335 posts since
    Mar 30, 2010
    2. Aug 8, 2010 5:48 PM (in response to paugasol)

LeBron is young and learning

Apr 25, 2010
    3. Aug 8, 2010 6:05 PM (in response to paugasol)

Like BBallerOver said LeBron is young and Learning and he''ll see title this Year or Next.

• Phenom70 Legend 574 posts since
    Jul 27, 2010
    4. Aug 8, 2010 7:14 PM (in response to PHXSuns1)

Well, Lebron said it didn't really affect anything, but a doctor analyzed it on ESPN, and said something that the way he plays by attacking the basket and playing a lot of minutes every game, it shouldn't be a factor for a long time.

But, Kobe had one finger messed up, and he just had to adjust his shot.

I do agree Kobe knows how to play through injuries, but it's because he's use to them. Lebron didn't complain or anything either. The media loves hearign him speak though, and they tried to make a bgigger deal out of it than LBJ23 and his staff made out of it.

Lebron is young and learning, so he'll be able to learn how to handle some things. Plus, he's not a good shooter, yet, either, so anything like that will affect his game for now. And, with so much upper body strength, that messes his shot up even more too, just like Dwight at the free throw line.

Lebron will learn and adjust too, so don't go into saying Kobe has more heart.

• goat23 Rookie 7 posts since
    Jul 15, 2010
    5. Aug 8, 2010 8:03 PM (in response to paugasol)

Kobe has played aton of minutes in his career, and as a result has had to deal with more injuries, whether they're minor or pretty serious.

LeBron is so strong he's seemed to avoid injuries for most of his career, and the fact that he's expanded his game by becoming a much much better jump shooter has caused some of the elbow issues, along with all the hits he takes going to the basket. The elbow thing was media fabricated and despite it bothering him LeBron still showed he has a very solid jump shot. I also don't think his upper body strength has anything to do with his shooting ability.

Jul 27, 2010
    6. Aug 8, 2010 9:24 PM (in response to goat23)

You have your opinion, and I have mine, so, I won't get into a discussion about it. But, like I said, I believe it does. He, Shaq, and Dwight are examples of players with tremoundous upper body strength, who do have a bit of trouble shooting. Lebron works on shooting, because he plays the SF position, so that might be why Dwight and Shaq don't work on there shot as much as they said. I think they should be able to face up, or catch the ball out of the post, and have a respectable jump shot. Just enough to make big man be ready to jump all the time and get into foul trouble, which will put a backup C, or maybe a PF on them, who's not too good, and they'll manhandle them.

• UR2EZ Pro 88 posts since
    Mar 5, 2010
    7. Aug 9, 2010 1:10 AM (in response to Phenom70)

Agree totally. I believe its the type of PF or C you are. rebounding C's or PF's like dwight and shaq  generally don't need shooting abilities they let their teammates score unless they out in an occasional dunk here and there. So they don't go through the trouble of training hard for a jump shot like lebron has to. While scorers like kg or Dirk nowitzki don't need upper body strenght which allows them to shoot better. Lebron is battling a probably he has a high upper body but wants to be a shooter. That's not a problem except the sense he has to work harder than kobe to gain a shot. This is why I admire melo he has a good balance of upper body weight with a shot everyone has to respect. As where lebron can attempt to shoot at a 3 point line and the person guarding him can laugh in face lol.

• UR2EZ Pro 88 posts since
    Mar 5, 2010
    8. Aug 9, 2010 1:13 AM (in response to PHXSuns1)

what?? Kobe is the only person to fight through injuries through 2010? haha..Steve nash always looks like his face got ran over by a train when he gets injured. I don't recall lebron crying in a matter of fact they told him to sit out some games yet he didn't and still got a 27+ point average. He alwways said don't worry about it but since they see him as so great they worry even more. lol theres a long list of players who got injured but not alot of them are "kobe famous" so you rarely hear about them.

http://www.nba.com/fantasy/fantasy_playerinjury.jsp

Plus kobe had a knee injury which wasn't that serious as the doctors even said so and a finger injury Which the docotrs also said wasn't serious. Even if was serious he would only have 1 finger injured. I was watching a report the other day about some guy in college ball. He was right handed. He got injured really bad with his right arm and had to teach himself how to shoot drive dribble and everything in 1 season. Try that for playing through an injury.

• Pointguard1995 Legend 304 posts since
    Apr 24, 2010
    9. Aug 9, 2010 5:37 PM (in response to paugasol)

I dont think playing through injuries has anything to do with heart.

Although,i do commend kobe for averaging 27+ through the regular season and playing 72 games with a bad back,a bad ankle,a troublesome knee,and VERY troublesome finger.

Apr 25, 2010
    10. Aug 9, 2010 5:57 PM (in response to Pointguard1995)

LeBron cant play with Injuries just Pointing that OUT!!!!

• ericbenjaming Legend 456 posts since
    Jan 5, 2009
    11. Aug 10, 2010 9:22 AM (in response to PHXSuns1)

I see the same point here, LeBron really needs to learn, and commit to a champions is not only on what being said, but more importantly, should be on the action, especially to make through the tough time.

• atrain39 Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 10, 2010
    12. Aug 10, 2010 11:03 AM (in response to paugasol)

To compare players who play through injuries, regardless of the injury is flat out ignorant.  LeBron DID play though a right elbow injury, his shooting elbow, and the major hinge joint involved with shooting a basketball.  Kobe's injury is a reoccurring injury that he has been playing with for some time.  He has had time to understand the adjustment he needs to make on his release, and as great players do, he has learned to not only cope with his injury, but maintain his superior level of play.  What is the adjustment to a inflamed shooting elbow injury?  Maybe it is don't fully extend the follow through.  Or maybe shoot with the weak hand (which LeBron and Kobe have done effectively in situations).  Point is, playing injured is not easy, but players do play through them.  Please don't be so simple as to say one player plays through injury better than another.  (Unless you are talking about Tracy McGrady.  Weakest "superstar" ever, and I use that term very loosely)

Jul 27, 2010
    13. Aug 10, 2010 6:16 PM (in response to atrain39)

Point. Blank. Period.

Injuries do sometimes prevent players from playing to there full, capable potential, but when you have the talent of Kobe and Lebron, you know they'll adjust, and still be the Star of their respective teams.

So, don't judge that.

Base them on performance in the regular season, close games, and postseason, close games.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...