Skip navigation

1681 Views 12 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2010 1:02 PM by Tim Seguy RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 15, 2010 10:49 AM

Chattooga Century 2010 Reviews

Share your experiences with the Chattooga Century 2010 below Back to event details page.

• Don Kicklighter Rookie 3 posts since
    Feb 8, 2008
    1. Aug 15, 2010 10:49 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Chattooga Century 2010 Reviews

The ride was great. The rain was just right. I would like to see a ride around 50 miles

as 30 is to short and 62 was too long.

• Allezyall Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 15, 2010
    2. Aug 15, 2010 11:27 AM (in response to Guest )

Our fifth year and still one of the best rides anywhere! We feel the staff are some of the friendliest and it is extremely well supported by SAG. Thanks and we will see you next year.

• charlesch Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 29, 2008
    3. Aug 15, 2010 12:17 PM (in response to Guest )

This was a great ride. Has some good hills for training. One of the best rides and best marked rides I've done. Had a great time. Very well done. I plan to return next year.   

• CarlSheffield Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 12, 2010
    4. Aug 15, 2010 2:55 PM (in response to Guest )

The ride was GREAT!  A special thank you to all of the volunteers!  Everyone was helpful and friendly.  I think the ride was marked-out really well.  I especially appreciated that as it was my first ride event.  I hope to do it again next year!

• Ratowsky Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 3, 2010
    5. Aug 15, 2010 7:23 PM (in response to Guest )

The ride was great. This is one of the better rides one can ask for. This my first time at this venue and I look forward to attending again next year. The staff was also excellent. My only complaint were the loose unleashed dogs.

• winstonk2002 Rookie 1 posts since
    Feb 20, 2008
    6. Aug 16, 2010 5:46 AM (in response to Guest )

This ride was absolutely fantastic.  The roads are amazing (traffic free for the most part), the scenery is gorgeous, plenty of sag wagon support and the volunteers/organization is phenomenal.  This was my first year, and I will definitely come back again.  It was a thoroughly enjoyable time.  The only suggestion I would have, like the previous commenter, is to add a 45 or 50 mile option.  30 is definitely too little and 62 (while I did it) was just a tad too long. 

Thanks so much for a great ride. 

• Scott Whitney Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 27, 2007
    7. Aug 16, 2010 6:11 AM (in response to Guest )

Great ride. A little rain in the beginning, enough to keep the heat away, back roads were great to avoid traffic. The hill climb wasn't that bad and great SAG and rest stop support was appreciated.

• Meldob Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 13, 2010
    8. Aug 16, 2010 6:20 AM (in response to Guest )

Hilly but absolutely gorgeous ride.  Incredible SAG stops and volunteers, and SAG trucks continuously checked in with the riders.  Perfectly marked routes.  Thanks for a great day!!!

• nerok Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 16, 2010
    9. Aug 16, 2010 10:16 AM (in response to Guest )

Great Ride. The rain was a mixed blessing. The people couldn't be an nicer:)

• ctammaro54 Rookie 5 posts since
    Aug 16, 2010
    10. Aug 16, 2010 5:15 PM (in response to Guest )

The Century included 7500 ft of climbing with thrilling descents!!!  While the rain made the roads slick, it kept the temps at a comfortable level.  Most roads were very quiet.  The SAG guys were most attentive, the rest stops accommodating and everyone had a great time.  We come all the way from Florida each year if possible.  The only complaint are the many dogs, over a dozen that chased us.  They were friendly but would just run into the street and someone, or the dogs could have gotten hurt. 

• RaySz2 Rookie 4 posts since
    Aug 12, 2010
    11. Aug 18, 2010 11:40 AM (in response to Guest )

Awesome!  Second year, both doing the century.  The hills seem smaller this year.   I was disappointed to hear the downhill switch back road was closed but the new route more than made up for it.  The rain took out my computer for a bit so I do not know how fast the downhills were but probably a record for me.  Nice view all along the course but especially from Lookout Mtn.  As the others said all volunteers encoutered were friendly.  Great to have use of the showers at the end.  See you next year.

• Tim Seguy Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 13, 2008
    12. Aug 28, 2010 1:02 PM (in response to Guest )

Wonderful scenic ride coupled with a fantastic support and great community of people.  There folks are local high school boosters, not cycling promoters - yet, they put on a fantastic event.  Highly recommended.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...