Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1123 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2010 10:46 AM by dg12
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 15, 2010 2:48 PM

2010 Hot Dog Trot Reviews

Share your experiences with the 2010 Hot Dog Trot below Back to event details page.

• nancy mcvean Rookie 2 posts since
    Apr 17, 2010
    1. Aug 15, 2010 2:48 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: 2010 Hot Dog Trot Reviews

In this heat, it should have started an hour earlier.  Too hot for humans and certainly the dogs!

• randi_nash84 Rookie 1 posts since
    May 16, 2010
    2. Aug 17, 2010 10:00 AM (in response to Guest )

I think the dogs should have been restricted to the fun run since I saw many of them laying down on the side of the road or exhausted from the heat during the run. Also, agree that since it was so hot, run could have started earlier.

• dg12 Amateur 76 posts since
    Jul 12, 2007
    3. Aug 15, 2010 3:29 PM (in response to Guest )

Way too hilly, I dont know why people can't layout a decent course. It's so hard to find a fairly flat race to PR. Two outdoor potties? Obviously it was warm in mid August. These conditions should be posted on the website. Website should link to other stuff:

1) race results

2) pictures

3) map of location

4) course map

5) elevation map would'vebeen nice

People were friendly, water support great.

• nurseranda Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 29, 2010
    4. Aug 15, 2010 4:15 PM (in response to Guest )

I enjoyed the race despite the numerious hills. It was extemely hot, but that is too be expected in mid August.

• slbddp Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 16, 2010
    5. Aug 16, 2010 2:51 PM (in response to Guest )

I thought it was a great race. Very hilly but that is part of the challenge. I think it gives the course character. It was unusally hot for even Aug in Texas. It was our first as a family-wife and 2 boys. If I had to add suggestions it would be to have the water cold at the stations. Also, some chocolate milk at the end for replenishing. Though there was a great selection I just like the chocolate milk. Though alot of people like being able to start earlier I would not have been able to make it if it were earlier. We drove 73miles to get there. If you dont like the heat STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN!!!!

• slbddp Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 16, 2010
    6. Aug 16, 2010 2:51 PM (in response to Guest )

I thought it was a great race. Very hilly but that is part of the challenge. I think it gives the course character. It was unusally hot for even Aug in Texas. It was our first as a family-wife and 2 boys. If I had to add suggestions it would be to have the water cold at the stations. Also, some chocolate milk at the end for replenishing. Though there was a great selection I just like the chocolate milk. Though alot of people like being able to start earlier I would not have been able to make it if it were earlier. We drove 73miles to get there. If you dont like the heat STAY OUT OF THE KITCHEN!!!!

• sophiemarian Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 5, 2007
    7. Aug 17, 2010 9:44 AM (in response to Guest )

An incredibly hilly course, but it wasn't advertised that way.  Most courses that are extremely hilly will at least make note of that on their webpage.

8:30 is a late start for a summer race.  The water could have been cooler. 

Course was well marked and easy to follow.

Wasn't sure what the vendors at the end of the race had anything to do with running or dogs.  The pampered chef? 

• dg12 Amateur 76 posts since
    Jul 12, 2007
    8. Aug 17, 2010 10:46 AM (in response to sophiemarian)

I've run several marathon courses that had hills like this but they advertised them and some provided a link to elevation maps to corroborate. It's hard to plan a paced race till it's too late, you've zapped yourself before a sustained incline and then it's too late.

I got there 3 mins. before start. It's always good to drive the course if you can. But still...

I'd be glad to help with the website design, how bout anyone else?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...