Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

2605 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 17, 2010 3:12 PM by Volksmarcher
PhatJohn Rookie 1 posts since
Aug 16, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 16, 2010 12:15 PM

Pain in the nether regions

Sorry for the cryptic title, but the true nature of my issue might set off privacy filters...

When I bike for any duration, I develop a dull, aching pain in my left testicle. Standing, rearranging things both help a little, but generally only for a few pedal strokes. I'm tempted to guess it's a twisted testicle but I'm not sure. Anyone have any suggestions?

NOTE: early in the season (or in my training season -- this year *my* season didn't start until a few weeks ago), this pain crops up after 30-40 miles. Later in the season it develops after more mileage--say as high as 100+. I'm somewhat overweight (20 lbs), and I spread fat across my body. I'm inclined to believe it's the rubbing between an overly-large thigh and my, uh, anatomy that might be at play. But I'm totally clutching at straws here.

• Volksmarcher Amateur 8 posts since
    Sep 15, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Aug 17, 2010 3:12 PM (in response to PhatJohn)
    Re: Pain in the nether regions

PhatJohn,

I had "numbness" problems with most of the bike saddles until my LBS reconmmended I try an ISM saddle (search for "ISM bicycle saddle" in your browser). The ISM saddle looks like a toilet seat. In fact the guy that invented it dreamed up the design while sitting on one. This saddle is great. I have one on my road bike and hybrid. When you first ride with it may feel a little unstable but it only takes a few rides and you are hooked. I would definitely investigate this saddle. I am 67 years old, 6'2", and weigh around 230 lbs.

Volksmarcher

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points