Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1764 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 16, 2010 3:34 PM by ShelbyinMontana
ShelbyinMontana Pro 56 posts since
Aug 16, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 16, 2010 11:13 AM

Blackberry Apps

Does anyone know of any good Blackberry Apps to help with running? I've read quite a few posts about something for Ipods that tells you when to walk and run, but haven't heard anything like this from Blackberry App World. Any suggestions? Thanks

Shelby

"Through it all, each morning has patiently asked me, 'Why do you run today?' And over the course of the years, one simple answer has quietly become more clearly heard than all others: because I must."

-Dagny Scott

• Ari(notGold) Rookie 4 posts since
    Aug 12, 2010
    1. Aug 16, 2010 11:47 AM (in response to ShelbyinMontana)
    Re: Blackberry Apps

I can't help you with a BB app, but I wanted to share an App i've started using for my Palm Pre (WebOS) called Jog Stats.  I'm a running newbie doing the C25K program, yesterday ran W1D2.  Jog Stats uses GPS to follow you as you run, graphs for you speed, altitude and route, keeps track of max and average speed and all sorts of other stats.  Also direct link up to Twitter/Facebook.  Highly recommend this or similar apps, it helped be so far get a feel for how I'm doing.  Iphone and Android has similar apps that are grea also.  

BTW attached pic is avtual screen shot from my phone.  Hopefully I'll keep it up as I go thru the C25K. 

Attachments:
  • QueenKitty Pro 161 posts since
    Jun 11, 2010
    2. Aug 16, 2010 1:51 PM (in response to ShelbyinMontana)
    Re: Blackberry Apps

Shelly - I've seen a C25K app in appworld, but it had very poor reviews.  The app they have called Bones in Motion (BIM) is good and syncs with a website.  Right now though it doesn't work with my BB8530.   They are supposed to put out a version for my BB this fall.  I have also used MapMyRun and Endomondo (not sure if I spelled either one of those right but you can find them on app world).

If you enter app world and sort by categories, you will see a fitness one.

Hope this helps,

Melinda

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points