Skip navigation

861 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 17, 2010 3:57 AM by Marathon Peach RSS
Jimmy_D_Jarhead We're Not Worthy 4,477 posts since
Dec 15, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 9, 2010 4:18 PM

Semper Fi

Well I embarked on a plan to raise some money for the Injured Marines Semper Fi Fund.  I laid out my plan and intent to try and make this venture as successful as possible.  Where there is a will there is a way.  I seem to figure out and will my way into many things.  This adventure is going to be both challenging and trying and all in all fun.  Many on here are aware of my goal but just in case this is my goal.  TO RAISE MONEY FOR THE INJURED SERVICE MEMBERS.  This organization is one of my favorites because they provide different avenues of support, from homes, rent, hotel rooms for loved ones, cars, and many other things that the military can not afford to offer those who have paid a price that we have not.  My goal is to raise $5000 by running 500 miles in one month.  I am not going to do this by running 15-20 miles a day every day of the month (or maybe I will) but rather by running the date in miles.  On the 1st I will run 1 mile, the 2nd 2 miles, the 3rd 3 miles and so forth until day 31 when I will run 35 to round my monthly total to 500 miles.  It just so happens that that will also take me to 200 miles in the last week of October.  If I can find 500 people all willing to give me a $10 donation then the $5000 goal will be met.  If you choose to be one of the 500 then click on the link in my signature and follow it through.

After writing out my schedule for October and breaking the days down into 2, 3 and 4 parts to ensure I have the best possible approach for success in my venture I was overcome with some humility.  For the first time in my running career I feel like I am actually fighting an uphill battle with a barrage of things coming down to try and keep me from meeting my goal.  I must press on and endure to try and meet the goals and the mileage.  Semper Fi Do or Die as many who have come before me have stated.

Jimmy D.

This place is like home!!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...