Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1624 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Aug 19, 2010 2:48 PM by jseyfert
dtop Rookie 3 posts since
Mar 12, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

May 24, 2010 5:08 PM

Riding in San Diego

Hey all first I am in the military and have been stationed in San Diego most of my career. I have been away from home for allmost 2 years now and in that time I have become an avid cyclist I ride road mountain and urban just whatever suites my mood and time available to ride. The good news is I am finally coming home with bikes in tow bad news I know no one in the cycling community. I will be riding out of Mission Valley and am looking to start out around 25 miles but plan to get back up to 40+ as soon as I can get my endurance back.

I am looking for a group to maybe come ride with starting in July. Also if there are any military in the mission valley area that bike commute to 32nd street I would love to join up with you for morning rides into work if any one is interested.

Thanks in advance

Dan

• jseyfert Rookie 4 posts since
    Aug 19, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Aug 19, 2010 2:48 PM (in response to dtop)
    Re: Riding in San Diego

Hi Dan,

Hopefully you've found a few riding prospects this summer.  I'm new to the cycling community on Active.com and trying to find folks that might be interested to participate in part or all of the Border2Border ride, hosted by TakeYourBike.org (TYB).  I'm working with a group called Forever Athletes, whose primary mission is to inspire more folks to get out and be active!  We teamed up with TYB to help promote the ride & physical fitness in general with a fun contest.  The winner, if he chooses to participate in the ride, will receive $$$ for supplies, gear, food, etc, as well as cool Forever Athletes jerseys.  Even if you are unable to participate in the ride, you can still join in on the contest to win Forever Athletes schwag.

CONTEST LINK

Best of luck, and I hope to see you on the Ride!

Jessica

jseyfert@forever-athletes.com

Join in the F-A community on Facebook

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...