Jul 6, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 24, 2009 7:41 PM

LOOKING FOR RIDERS IN SAN DIEGO CA

anY BODY LIKE TO JOIN ME??

• Tim97050 Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 23, 2009
    1. Jul 24, 2009 9:50 PM (in response to Neezy24)
    Re: LOOKING FOR RIDERS IN SAN DIEGO CA

Hi! What area of SD are you looking to ride?...and when? Thanks-Tim

• MotiveForcer Community Moderator 448 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    2. Aug 16, 2009 10:49 PM (in response to Neezy24)

Consider stopping into a local shop and asking them about any ride groups in the area, favorite routes, and clubs to consider joining.  That is a great way to make new riding partners.  When traveling and looking for a ride I'll stop into a shop and get hooked up pretty darn fast for a ride nearly any day of the week but especially on weekends. Once in your neck of the woods I stopped into NYTRO.  One of the coolest Tri oriented shops ever.  My girlfriend was just strolling through the shop as I browsed through checking out some sweet TT bikes.  Anyway, this one fellow was heading out with a brand new RED Zipp as I recall.  I mentioned to him, "Well, that bike certainly fulfulls one of my basic requirements of bike ownership!"  To which he asked, "And what requirement is that?"  I responded, "Everyone should own at least one red bike!"

We spoke for a bit about an upcoming race he had, I told him to "go real fast" and off he went.  A bit later after I got some shorts and a hat and piled into the car my girlfriend asked with whom I was speaking and why.  I told her I as just shooting the breeze with him and inquired why she asked.  She responded, "Oh, I figured you knew who he was since his photo was on the cover of the magazine in there!"  As we had left the shop already I never did learn what famous guy I shot the breeze with but I'm sure he enjoyed his new red bike!

Shops and clubs might hook you up on rides with former Olympians or people who will get you dialed in.  Have fun and make a few friends while you are at it.  We can enhance our bike communities in this way as well, getting onto to political action lists, (say to vote for bike lanes etc.) and things grow from there.

HAVE FUN and GOOD LUCK>  Oh and by the way, check out the velodromes in your area.  This is a great way to enjoy our sport that even most cyclists don't take atvantage of as a spectator or a participant.  

EJ

• Tim97050 Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 23, 2009
    3. Aug 21, 2009 4:36 PM (in response to MotiveForcer)

Hey EJ! Thanks for the note and the advice!!! New to San Diego by way

of Denver, I recently joined a tri-training group so I'm getting a

couple of rides in each week with the group, but always looking for

more! I'll take your recomendations here....all the best!-tim

• jseyfert Rookie 4 posts since
    Aug 19, 2010
    4. Aug 19, 2010 2:53 PM (in response to Tim97050)

Hey Tim,

If you're still looking for rides--check out the contest link below promoting the Border2Border ride with Forever Athletes...

CONTEST LINKhttps://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Ride_Contest

Hope to see you on the ride!

Jessica

facebook.com/4everathletes

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...