Skip navigation

1963 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2010 6:50 PM by Pointguard1995
PHXSuns1 Legend 361 posts since
Apr 25, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 23, 2010 7:55 PM

Is Kobe the best Laker in History?

Is Kobe the best? We can go on-and-on about him he passed Jerry West maybe Magic soon. We know he can't pass Magic. This was talked on game 7 of the NBA Finals when Magic and the others said. He said he can't pass MJ. This questions been going on and on. So what do you think is he the greatest Laker to play the game.He Took the Lake show to the Finals for a 2Peat and could do more for a Three-Peat. What are your Thoughts.

cena.jpg

hudson13.jpg

bryant.jpg

• ToughD Legend 502 posts since
    May 11, 2010
    1. Aug 24, 2010 3:19 PM (in response to PHXSuns1)
    Re: Is Kobe the best Laker in History?

I wasn't alive to see any of the greats like Magic, Jerry West, George Mikan(Duh I don't think any one on this sight was!) But I've seen Kobe play a lot and I think he might be the greatest Laker ever.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

- Kevin Durant

• Phenom70 Legend 574 posts since
    Jul 27, 2010
    2. Aug 24, 2010 3:31 PM (in response to ToughD)

Well, it's still arguable.

He's already in the conversation, yet, I personally believe he has three or four years, depending on how the roster is to be a big contributor, and putting up the numbers he's had for the last several seasons or so.

But, I think the discussion should really be talked about when he retires.

He's not done yet, and is going back for the sixth. If he does win, I think he'll be known as the best winner in Lakers history, as far as all of his accolades, but until he really just explodes for another MVP award and Finals MVP, I don't think he'll be the best. Magic Johnson is the best, Kobe is definitely in the top 3, but Jerry West said himself that Kobe is better than him, so I'd say Kobe is the 2nd best at this point.

When all is said and done, I think Kobe will be known as the best Laker's player ever in the franchise, and at least in the top 15 of the best players of all time.

• ToughD Legend 502 posts since
    May 11, 2010
    3. Aug 24, 2010 3:32 PM (in response to Phenom70)

Congrats Phenom70 on your 400th Post!

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

- Kevin Durant

• Pointguard1995 Legend 304 posts since
    Apr 24, 2010
    4. Aug 24, 2010 6:50 PM (in response to PHXSuns1)

Not yet,maybe not ever.I dont see him ever passing magic unless he wins 3 or more championships,with Finals MVPs trophies to go along with it.I have him ranked second or 1b.As for all-time,i have him in the top 15 as of right now,but when its all said and done he will DEFINATELY be in the top 10.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points