Skip navigation

2083 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 8, 2010 6:39 AM by adanny14 RSS
PHXSuns1 Legend 361 posts since
Apr 25, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 27, 2010 8:01 AM

Can Amar'e thrive without Nash?

Can Amar'e win in New York. He does not have Nash.But Amar'e has Felton and ok guard. He probley will have like 26.5 a game this season. This is bad for Phoenix they never won with Stoudemire. But Turkglou time to shine. Back to this. Will Amar'e win in New York? Can he get his team to the Playoffs? Can Amar'e thrive without Nash? Your Thoughts?

ecwtitle1.jpg

amarestay.jpg

• Pointguard1995 Legend 304 posts since
    Apr 24, 2010
    1. Aug 27, 2010 3:23 PM (in response to PHXSuns1)
    Re: Can Amar'e thrive without Nash?

I dont see him thriving that much without nash.All he did,when playing with the suns, was catching-and-finishing off the pick-and-roll,or just popping to the perimeter for a jumpsot.I never really saw a back-to-the-basket game from him.However,he does have a nice face-up game,and he can shoot the midrange jumper.

But,i think i may be underestimating Felton a little too much.He's not an elite point guard,but he's still okay.The success of the Knicks depends on whether he can run Mike D'antoni's 7 Seconds Or Less system.Thats the same system that transformed Steve Nash from a sub-par point guard,into the nba's elite.

If they can execute the 7 Seconds Or Less system,i really think they can challenge for #5 or #6 seed,if not then I see them as a #7 or#8 seed.

• Phenom70 Legend 574 posts since
    Jul 27, 2010
    2. Aug 27, 2010 3:24 PM (in response to PHXSuns1)

I don't think he'll thrive in the beginning, but he'll adjust and learn how to be the franchise player. Felton will excel I think, and so will Amare, if he decides to become the capable All-Star that he can be and become a defensive presence as well, and not trying to do it all by himself, even though he may need to now with the team he has with him.

• BBalllover53 Legend 335 posts since
    Mar 30, 2010
    3. Aug 28, 2010 7:39 PM (in response to PHXSuns1)

Amar'e can barly see with out nash guiding him every step

• ericbenjaming Legend 456 posts since
    Jan 5, 2009
    4. Sep 7, 2010 9:23 AM (in response to PHXSuns1)

Def. he can't be that good with Nash.

• adanny14 Legend 590 posts since
    May 20, 2010
    5. Sep 8, 2010 6:39 AM (in response to PHXSuns1)

I wouldn't call it "thriving" but I think he'll be alright without Nash. Obviously I don't think he'll put up the numbers in New York like he did in Phoenix, but I don't think he'll flunk like some of you are saying.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points