Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

924 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2010 2:38 PM by BabyCatcherNat RSS
mkowens Amateur 14 posts since
Jan 13, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 26, 2010 10:52 AM

Great gadget

I don't know about the rest of you newbie runners but trying to keep an eye on time for intervals was driving me crazy!!

I found this great little gadget called the gymboss.  Gymboss.com although I bought mine off Amazon.

You can set both times for running and walking and it vibrates to warn you so no more constantly looking at your wrist.

I totally love mine.  I also like not knowing how many seconds are left before I have to run again.

Just a little FYI. Just completed W2D2 and it feels great! Good luck to everyone.

• Harley2003 Amateur 8 posts since
    Aug 13, 2010
    1. Aug 27, 2010 5:30 AM (in response to mkowens)
    Re: Great gadget

Thanks for the info on this gadget!

• BabyCatcherNat Amateur 16 posts since
    Mar 29, 2008
    2. Aug 27, 2010 2:38 PM (in response to mkowens)
    Re: Great gadget

I am going to have to get one of those!!!

I found the "First day to 5K" podcasts on iTunes and I am LOVING it!  I didn't realize how much energy was wasted just looking at my stopwatch all the time.  The podcasts give me a tone indicating when it's time to switch from walking to running and I have been doing amazingly better than when I was trying to look at my watch, calculate the times, wonder if I could make it to the next walk break, etc...Now, I just run until the beep then walk until the beep...repeat!  The problem is that once I complete the series I would like to be able to customize my walk/run intervals!

Embrace the Journey

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...