Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

5740 Views 20 Replies Latest reply: Aug 29, 2010 7:56 AM by tomwhite RSS Go to original post 1 2 Previous Next
  • chrisb9341 Amateur 14 posts since
    Oct 21, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    16. Jun 3, 2010 4:50 PM (in response to cremail)
    Re: Running with Arthritis

How bad is the arthritis cremail? Feel free to contact me with any questions as you go thru this. There is a great yahoo forum on hip resurfacing if you are interested in checking it out.

Chris

• cremail Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 15, 2008
    17. Jun 3, 2010 5:14 PM (in response to tomwhite)

I just got diagnosed Tues.- so freaking out slightly- I thought it was a death sentence, but you and Chris are making me feel better and if you can run, then so can I !  Also, I still have to meet with the Doc to find out exactly how bad it is, more exact diagnosis and implications, and options for treatment.  But, I want to keep ALL options open because I have to have an active lifestyle.  I do x-train, swim, bike, pool run, etc; guess I have to do more of that and less of running... My injury is aggravated/inflamed right now, so I guess I have to address that first.  hip resurfacing, prolotherqapy- all of that sounds interesting and will look into.  Thanks for your support!!

• Designeer Pro 125 posts since
    Jan 28, 2010
    19. Jun 3, 2010 6:11 PM (in response to tomwhite)

Just remember Cremail, the medical model of R.E.S.T. is about to change to M.E.A.T. which means I forgot but includes inflammation as a good thing, not to be cooled off by anti-inflammatories.....................or cortisone..hang in there, your body is trying to strengthen itself right now, prolo can help it more.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...