Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1522 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2010 6:34 PM by billyy2288
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 29, 2010 1:23 PM

Event Reviews

Share your experiences with this event below Back to event details page.

• Fritter Rookie 3 posts since
    Dec 4, 2007
    1. Aug 29, 2010 1:23 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Event Reviews

Loved the Plunge"n"Run.  The swim and the run were challenging, but not overwhelming.  The paddle boarders did an awesome job keeping swimmers on course. The course was well marked as it could be. I appreciated the water stations at every mile and the volunteers who were there to point out possibly confusing sections of the course.

• sksadie Amateur 10 posts since
    Jul 9, 2007
    2. Aug 29, 2010 1:32 PM (in response to Guest )

what a great event toward the end of summer to break up the monotony.  it was great to have relay teams to get more people involved who either could not swim or could not run.  the course was very well marked and was very challenging.  good water stations, easy to see and read mile markers and great participation for a first time event.  the organizers better keep up this event!

• teresa tibbetts Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 7, 2009
    3. Aug 29, 2010 2:12 PM (in response to Guest )

Great event.  The swim was great, the paddle boarders were great at keeping everyone on track.  Wish we could have had chip timers for the swim and run.  The run was very challenging (or so I hear i did the swim leg of a relay team).  Everyone was very nice and a very enjoyable exerience. 

• Connorleo Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 10, 2009
    4. Aug 29, 2010 7:36 PM (in response to Guest )

Fun event and handled fairly well for the first year.  Additional volunteers or better marking on the trails are desperatly needed.  And a more diverse run course would be great.  Too many circles and roundabouts. Loved the hill workout just make it a little more scenic and diverse.

• Bagby Family Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 27, 2010
    5. Aug 29, 2010 7:40 PM (in response to Guest )

What a great experience.  Great idea to give people an event when everybody is sick of summer.  Looking forward to when you have individual timers - we forgot to look at the clock during transitions. 

• miamclueless12 Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 29, 2010
    6. Aug 29, 2010 10:22 PM (in response to Guest )

Kudos to the Plunge-N-Run event coordinators and the many volunteers. This was a great event with an open water swim and a very challanging 5 mile run course. The course was well marked and the water stations were a plus. Hope to see this event again next year.

• ESCHWARZ Rookie 3 posts since
    Aug 30, 2010
    7. Aug 30, 2010 8:21 AM (in response to Guest )

I thought the event was great. The course was well marked and I really like the idea of the water stations every mile. I would like to Thank all the volunteers who were out on the course.. I would do it again next year.. I did not swim I did the running.

• mbare Amateur 12 posts since
    Dec 10, 2007
    8. Aug 30, 2010 9:42 AM (in response to Guest )

Fun race and nice cross-country run course.  Swim course could have had a few more markers, tough on sighting a times. Nice to have aid stations every mile on the run, but course could have had improved marking and more regulation on course, saw some cutting points instead of taking turns.  Overall for first time, very fun event.

• mikenlhc Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 19, 2007
    9. Sep 1, 2010 8:33 AM (in response to Guest )

Super fun race, had a great time................. The run was challenging!!!  The staff and volunteers were great, very helpful.  You gotta love these kind of events in our own back yard.

Thank You,

Split times or T times would have been cool.

Updating web site times and locations.

• racerg1 Rookie 2 posts since
    Aug 28, 2007
    10. Sep 3, 2010 3:48 PM (in response to Guest )

LOVED this run course! Very challenging, very fun! All the volunteers were great and the water stations were perfectly spread out! The organizers did a great job; will do this race again!

• billyy2288 Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 3, 2010
    11. Sep 3, 2010 6:34 PM (in response to ESCHWARZ)
    I thought the event was great. The course was well marked and I really  like the idea of the water stations every mile. I would like to Thank  all the volunteers who were out on the course.. I would do it again next  year.. I did not swim I did the running.

I also think so.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...