Skip navigation

928 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 1, 2010 2:13 PM by fldogwalker RSS
fldogwalker Pro 68 posts since
Jan 25, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 1, 2010 2:13 PM

4 Ways To Get Faster In Your Next Triathlon

When I began competing in triathlons I only focused on the physical aspect of racing.  There was so much to think about that I didn't have time to concern myself with the technical part of the race.  Most, if not all of my goal was to simply finish.   Each week I raced though, I began to focus on not just finishing, but finishing as fast as possible.  It is a race after all!

Sport specific training, speed work, hill repeats, tempo runs and rides.  Hours upon hours of hard work to get faster and yet I was missing something so crucial towards my finish time.   Soon I would find how to incorporate a few technical items into my race that would make me substantially faster.   This past weekend I took 5th overall at a local triathlon and weekly find myself with one of the fastest transition times in the field.   There is nothing that can replace hard training, but comparing apples to apples..  these 4 tips will make you faster in your next triathlon if you are not already utilizing them.

READ FULL STORY>>

"Enter a race.  Train to become faster and stronger.  Honor the commitment. Reap the rewards." - me

http://triandrunflorida.com/

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...