Skip navigation

1512 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 8, 2010 10:09 AM by usafhoopster RSS
Ledur Rookie 1 posts since
Jul 16, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 4, 2010 9:41 PM

JV Shooting Guard need help gain some weight.

I'm a 15 year old aspiring basketball player. I have a pretty good jump shot and can dribble decent with my off hand. The only problem is that I'm 5'10(Maybe 5'9 1/2) and weight 126 lb. Do you guys have any tips for me to gain at least 15 pounds before the start of my j.v season(Which is after christmas break)

• Phenom70 Legend 574 posts since
    Jul 27, 2010
    1. Sep 4, 2010 10:00 PM (in response to Ledur)
    Re: JV Shooting Guard need help gain some weight.

Well, it's tough to say...

I think you should lift weights for sure, four times a week. Two times a week do 2 sets of 8 reps, with heavy weights on. And, the other two times do light weights on the bar, but 3 sets of 10 reps. That should help you build a balanced body, and it won't mess up your shot, plus, you should gain some muscle and pounds.

And, just eat a lot more proteins, and try not to eat too much fats. I think you should a lot of beef and bigger portions, 6 times a day.

• usafhoopster Amateur 5 posts since
    May 12, 2010
    2. Sep 8, 2010 10:09 AM (in response to Ledur)
    Re: JV Shooting Guard need help gain some weight.

Hi Ledur..be careful about putting too much weight on so you don't lose quickness and speed. basketball is a fast-paced game. I tried to do something similiar and I lost some quickness and ended up suffering an ankle injury.  Up your calorie intake for sure, but do some lifiting with light weight but more reps. I like to shoot before lifitng and getting my blood flowing before I hit the weight room, recommend you try that.  Good luck in your season, Scott

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...