Skip navigation

2042 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2011 6:54 PM by ASUBlondie5 RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 28, 2010 12:14 PM

9/11 Heroes Run  - Doylestown PA Reviews

Share your experiences with the 9/11 Heroes Run  - Doylestown PA below Back to event details page.

• PSU Bob Rookie 5 posts since
    Nov 8, 2009
    1. Sep 8, 2010 9:26 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: 9/11 Heroes Run - Doylestown PA Reviews

This great cause represents an incredible opportunity. As we all know, a radical preacher in Florida is planning a Koran burning on 9/11. While this action is certainly a display of free speech, the collateral damage could be devastating - particularly to our brave troops.

General Patreaus, the Pentagon, and The Commander in Chief have all strongly discouraged the fanatical Koran burning for one unified reason: it is a clear and present danger to all Americans, especially our troops.

On Saturday night, the Heroes Run presents us with a great opportunity - to protect our Heroes who risk everything to protect us.

There is simply no greater way to support the mission of the Travis Manion Foundation than by calling on our fellow Americans to protect our nation's greatest men and women - those who risk their lives for the War of Terror.

• r.mergen Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 15, 2010
    2. Sep 12, 2010 10:40 AM (in response to Guest )

We had a great time.  This was the second year we ran this race and it is one we will continue to participate in year after year.  The Travis Manion Foundation/Team Travis has lots of events around the country all year long and I have participated in others as well.  What better cause could you think of than supporting the troops that support/protect us every day, and support their families.  Great people, Great Cause, Great Event.

Oh, and by the way, lots of water, food, music, and beer.  Nice t-shirt too!  Mostly flat course, out and back, lots of shade.

• Cory Steiner Pro 61 posts since
    Jul 14, 2009
    3. Sep 12, 2010 11:01 AM (in response to Guest )

This is a "NOT MISS" event.  The whole family ran the Fun Run.  We set a goal of running the 5K as a family next year (at our 9 year old's pace).  Our 13 year old daughter was so moved that she'd like to do some sort of project with her school that continues even after she's moved on to high school and beyond.

See you next year.

• Linny1204 Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 19, 2010
    4. Sep 12, 2010 4:22 PM (in response to Guest )

This event was a lot fun and for such a great cause.  I am proud to say that this was my second year participating, and I am planning to do it again next year.  I only wish that they would post a map of the course so that people could have an idea of how the course will be before the race begins.

This was a blast and I am looking forward to next year!

• teamsnyder Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 6, 2008
    5. Sep 13, 2010 4:26 AM (in response to Guest )

They need to get better organized. The fun run was in the way of the 5K and the race went of late

• MrMilhouse Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 9, 2010
    6. Sep 13, 2010 9:16 AM (in response to Guest )

Love the cause but would have paid more to have an actual time clock and not had to have waited in line to hand in my number. It seems a little crazy after running to stop cold and wait in a line. Also, I know they did not want people to be standing around near the finish line but waters should be available closer.

• 5Keveryday Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 3, 2010
    7. Sep 13, 2010 12:22 PM (in response to Guest )

Putting side that this was for a good cause, we all know that, here are my thoughts. Very unorganized, the run should have started at 6-there weren't any mile markers or people telling times(even at the split would have been nice). A clock upon the finish and waters immediately being handed to the runners. I hated that it was an out and back, come on this is doylestown they could have done a nice circle. I know someone said it was flat but it was not, not that I minded but a course map would have been nice prior to the run, sometimes Active has that available.I would really have loved awards for all top 3 winners in different age groups not just the top three males/females, that to me is the challenge to these runs. My last complaint was that there were a bunch of young kids that were running as Team travis and they cut me off more than once almost tripping me. I don't think this is a run I will do again. Thanks for listening. Good luck next year runners!!!!

• Heartofachampion Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 9, 2010
    8. Sep 13, 2010 1:42 PM (in response to Guest )

Definitely could be more organized, would have liked top three medal placements for each age category, great cause. I enjoyed the run, not the best course by far but the hill was a good challenge at the end.

• ASUBlondie5 Rookie 6 posts since
    Jan 6, 2010
    9. Feb 7, 2011 6:54 PM (in response to Guest )

The cause was good but agree with others regarding organization.  Standing in line after finishing to turn my number in was rather annoying and hectic.  Nonetheless, Doylestown is a great town to run a 5k in!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...