Skip navigation

358 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 12, 2010 12:19 PM by SoChaswalker RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 12, 2010 11:22 AM

Event Reviews

Share your experiences with this event below Back to event details page.

• LSoltis Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 12, 2010
    1. Sep 12, 2010 11:22 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Event Reviews

I was glad to see that they had learned some from last year and kept the course closed to traffic for the full hour.  I did have some trouble towards the finish with people wandering along the course.  One guy even came up to me as I was trying to finish the race to ask where the awards were being done!

Overall, it was a good 5k, even with the rain.  Looking forward to next year!

• UV254 Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 3, 2010
    2. Sep 12, 2010 11:50 AM (in response to Guest )

The organizers do a nice job getting other booths and activities to go along with the race.  I really like the course, although it would have been nice if splits were called out more often. 

The pre-race MC was funny, and the awards ceremony guy was cool too.  Pity so few people stuck around for the awards because of the rain.

They initially had some problems with the results timing, but it looks like my correct time is now posted.

Looking forward to next year!

• SoChaswalker Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 12, 2010
    3. Sep 12, 2010 12:19 PM (in response to Guest )

It was a good race.  The course was flat and well marked until the very end when the markers had been taken away at the very last intersection.  Only beef I have is that you ask people to sign up as runners or walkers but the results are all lumped into one.  As a walker who will never compete as a runner, I'd like to know how I did in the walking class.  Why bother having people register as walkers if their results aren't going to be separate?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...