Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

9528 Views 45 Replies Latest reply: Sep 24, 2010 12:19 PM by curlerlikeyou Go to original post 1 2 3 4 Previous Next
  • tblank0216 Amateur 38 posts since
    May 10, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Sep 10, 2010 7:25 AM (in response to PattyLet)
    Re: Who is on W3/4, and how is it going

Just finished W4D3 GO ME!!!  The first 3 min run for me was a little tough today and I don't know why.  But the 5 min and the second 3 min were just fine...I agree Patty it IS all mental for me too.  We have a race in town tomorrow and I am thinking of doing the 3k over the 5k since I am right in the middle of the program, trying to run the 3k would be a nice stepping stone to see if I can do it.

~Trish 

Started C25K - 8/18/10

Goal to finish C25K - 10/15/10

• PattyLet Amateur 19 posts since
    Aug 17, 2010
    16. Sep 10, 2010 8:35 AM (in response to tblank0216)

Good luck if you do the 3K tomorrow - that sounds like a really good way to challenge yourself mid-way through the program.  I say go for it and kick butt!

• flamomof3 Legend 1,927 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    18. Sep 11, 2010 10:48 AM (in response to Elaine444)

Thanks for posting this Thread! I will be on W3 Tuesday.

Maria

• jaycih Pro 67 posts since
    Aug 10, 2010
    19. Sep 12, 2010 7:27 AM (in response to flamomof3)

Hi everyone!  It's amazing how unmotivated one can get so quickly and then get motivated again just as quickly.  I was supposed to do W4D3 on Friday and I just could not get out of bed.  I did it on Saturday instead and did great!  I guess you just have to push through that.  I am excited for next week and tackling that 20 minute monster.  I think I can do it and it is all because of this program.  I have a 5k coming up on Sept 25 that I decided to sign up for on the last minute.  I am nervous and excited about it.  I just kind of want to see where I am at.  Have a great week everyone and keep it up!

Aug 17, 2010
    20. Sep 12, 2010 8:11 AM (in response to Elaine444)

Just finished W4D2 and I found it easier than the first day of this week.  Felt a little less in my head and actually 'enjoyed' the experience today more than fretting about it like I did on day 1.  I'm looking forward to finishing this week on Tuesday.

One thing I've noticed is I feel less sore after the workouts than I did in the earlier weeks.  It wasn't so uncomfortable that I needed to take any pain relief, but I felt a little uncomfortable in my hips and lower legs after sitting for a while.  Now I don't notice that slight discomfort as much - hoping I continue to feel that way more and more as the program progresses.

I'm proud of all of us - Patty

• faithgirlfl Amateur 19 posts since
    Aug 31, 2010
    21. Sep 13, 2010 7:29 PM (in response to Elaine444)

Well I finished W3D3 today and it sucked ... couldn't finish the last 3min run... I did really well on D1 and D2 so not sure what happened ... kinda super nervouse about starting W4 since I had such issues today .... but maybe it was just an off day! try not to let it stress me too much!

Maggie

• tblank0216 Amateur 38 posts since
    May 10, 2010
    22. Sep 13, 2010 7:42 PM (in response to PattyLet)

So I did the 3k on Saturday and was sucking bad hahaha!!  There were only 6 of us doing it (there was a 5k run, 5k walk and a 3k walk at the event too) and I finished last...good god LOL  I am soooo used to running inside on the treadmill that when I hit the track for the run I was dying!!!  Plus the sun came out and the humidity sky rocketed!!  Even finishing last, I still finished it (walking and running) in 20 min which was my personal goal so I can't complain.  Today I finished W5D1 and it was tough.  Three 5 minute runs...whew.  I really have no idea how in the world I am going to run 20 min straight on Friday, that seems totally impossible!  Ugh...mental, it's all mental!!

~Trish 

Started C25K - 8/18/10

Goal to finish C25K - 10/15/10

• Skyyosborne Amateur 39 posts since
    Aug 22, 2010
    23. Sep 14, 2010 7:40 PM (in response to tblank0216)

Way to go Trish!!  The fact that you finished is the most important part, especially since you're only a halfway through the program.

I am seriously thinking of signing up for a 5K next Wednesday night (9/23), just for fun and to get the experience.  It's called Harvest Moon Fun Run 5K.  The only thing holding me back is it's at night 6:30 pm (which means it will be dark out by the time it's over) so I want my 20 yr. old son to run it with me.  I'm just waiting for him to decide if he can commit or not.  Hopefully he can, cuz I think it would be a fun experience just to see how I do.

I agree about the mental issues.  I'm about to head out the door for W4D2 and I am excited, yet anxious, both at the same time.  I'm not stressing about the run so much as I am the little voice in my head I have to bring along with me! lol

Have a good day everyone.

Mari

C25K Started:  8/22/10

C25K Completed:  10/20/10

Harvest Moon 5K  9/22/10  45:24

Skeleton Skamper 5K 10/30/10  38:12

Thanksgiving Day 5K 11/25/10  40:30

Know your limits, but never stop trying to exceed them. ~Author Unknown

• faithgirlfl Amateur 19 posts since
    Aug 31, 2010
    24. Sep 14, 2010 6:26 AM (in response to Elaine444)

YEA! Re-ran W3D3 and completed it with no issues... Must have just been a BAD day yesterday! W4 begins on Thursday!

Aug 17, 2010
    25. Sep 14, 2010 7:29 AM (in response to Elaine444)

I also just finished W4D4 and I had a bit of a tough time today.  I've been fighting a cold, but it's not so bad that I couldn't workout so no excuses.  I just seem to fret during the 5 minute runs.  I think I need to start using my i-pod and listening to music so I have something else to focus on and songs that will motivate me.  On a funny note, even though I didn't feel great during today's workout, I can't wait to do the next one, so it couldn't have been too bad

Not sure when I'll start week 5 - maybe tomorrow, maybe Friday.  My daughter is home with me on Thursday and I find it easier to workout when the house is empty, so we'll see what happens.

Continued good luck to all...P

• JKnow Expert 45 posts since
    Sep 14, 2010
    26. Sep 14, 2010 1:01 PM (in response to faithgirlfl)

Great job!

I am on W4D4 (nope not a typo). T I was really anxious about W4D1...  The first 3 minutes sucked, but then I settled down and the first 5 min went better. I slowed my pace a bit, but the last minute of the second 5, I was able to finish strong. I felt pretty Kick A..!

I was thinking it was going to be a lot harder than it was. I know I can do the 3 5 minute runs next week, the 20 minute has me concerned...

C25k Completed on 10-NOV-10

Veterans Day 5k 13-NOV-10 time 33:32

Turkey Trot 5k 25-NOV-10 time 33:18

Nike+ ID: jknow

• Skyyosborne Amateur 39 posts since
    Aug 22, 2010
    28. Sep 14, 2010 7:48 PM (in response to Elaine444)

I'm happy to report that W4D2 went much better than Day 1.  I'm actually looking forward to finishing the week, and the challenge of Week 5.

Elaine444:  If I were you I would just revert back to the week that you are the most comfortable with and go forward from there.  For me it is a challenge every day to get out the door because 2 out of the 3 days I have to do it at 4:30 am.  I never thought in the beginning of this program I would be able to go out at that time of day to do any kind of exercise, but once I push through the run  I feel so much better after it's over.  If your hip is acting up though you have to be careful because you don't want to injure yourself.  Best of luck to you whatever you decide to do.

Hope everyone is having a great week so far.

Mari

C25K Started:  8/22/10

C25K Completed:  10/20/10

Harvest Moon 5K  9/22/10  45:24

Skeleton Skamper 5K 10/30/10  38:12

Thanksgiving Day 5K 11/25/10  40:30

Know your limits, but never stop trying to exceed them. ~Author Unknown

Aug 17, 2010
    29. Sep 15, 2010 7:15 AM (in response to Elaine444)

W5D1 is in the books and it was relatively easy, probably because I was so distracted with my $#%^ ear buds popping out of my ears every 30 seconds.  Good news is I worked out with music today which made a huge difference since I could focus on that, but I've always had trouble with the buds that came with my i-pod and today was no exception.  If anyone has any recommendations on something better with the i-pod let me know.  Otherwise, I'll do some research before my next workout on Friday.  Have a feeling I'll be hating life if I get to the 20 minute run and don't have music or something other than ear-ware to focus on....
    Hope everyone's having a great week.  Patty

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...