Skip navigation

799 Views 9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 20, 2010 1:21 PM by elisonj33 RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 19, 2010 11:27 AM

Event Reviews

Share your experiences with this event below Back to event details page.

• dsoman Rookie 1 posts since
    Jun 29, 2009
    1. Sep 19, 2010 11:27 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Event Reviews

It was a great race!  Fairly flat course and well mapped out.  Roads were closed as needed, and they had free massages, and breakfast afterward.  I'm sad they didn't get a larger turnout for such a great cause!

• moey2355 Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 19, 2010
    2. Sep 19, 2010 1:28 PM (in response to Guest )

I thought the race was really fun. The course was marked well and I'm glad they had the breakfast provided. I also really loved the shirts. However, during the race there weren't enough water tables throughout the course.  When we came in to get our packets it would have been easier to have more labels on the tables for what we were supposed to be doing at that particular table. I think the volunteers were getting irritated that many didn't know they were supposed to be getting their numbers first and then go get their packets. Thanks for a fun race!

• skipracer51 Rookie 4 posts since
    Jul 4, 2009
    3. Sep 19, 2010 2:16 PM (in response to Guest )

Run13 events are always well done.  Racing Cane was one of the best events of this year for me...I run an event every weekend.  Imagine coming to a race and having a really touching moment, when a little girl that was confined to the use of a walker finished her laps in the Kid's 1K run.  I was in tears watching her try so hard.  Maybe, that is what makes a good event, a great event.  Thank You Run13.  10 stars!!!

• bballclimber Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 14, 2009
    4. Sep 19, 2010 4:14 PM (in response to Guest )

I loved this race, well put together, great support and the kids races were the highlight. I loved watching those kids race, doing something that so many kids forget to do these days with all the electronic entertainment. The love of running and racing is sometimes foreign to kids.

I would like to add though, that the pre race packet pickup was somewhat confusing. Every other packet picket I have been to, you line up in a line according to your last name and they get your your number. Never before had I looked up my own name, to find my own number to give to the volunteer. This was very confusing and with no signs many of us did not know where to stand or start.  If it was easier to do it this way, then maybe signs would have helped so that we all knew where to start and what to do. Thanks for a great race!

• hbmackay Rookie 2 posts since
    May 30, 2010
    5. Sep 19, 2010 8:46 PM (in response to Guest )

Well done as usual! Thanks for the fun!

• EBBass Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 20, 2010
    6. Sep 20, 2010 7:44 AM (in response to Guest )

I loved this race.  I was impressed by the road support.  The course was well laid out with cones and crossing guards.  The kids' race was fun to watch.  It was great to see race results posted immediately.

One thing I didn't like was the T-shirt pick-up.  If I signed up to get a certain size, I should have been guaranteed that size, regardless of picking up the packet the day before or not.

I would also recommend a breakfast that is healthier, with fresh fruit or something.  I don't eat white flour, and it seems a little ironic to have an unhealthy breakfast while striving to run for health.

Overall, I had a great experience.  The massage clinic was plus!

• RobbDanger Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 20, 2010
    7. Sep 20, 2010 8:12 AM (in response to Guest )

Great Race, Great Organization, Great Cause.  the entertainment was excellent and well organized.

i liked the fact that I could have my kids participate as well, thanks for making this a fun family event. 

I was a little bugged with T-shirt pick up too.  they should guarentee the t-shirts of the right size when you reigster, but overall wonderful, I'll be back next year

• PuddleJumperGirl Rookie 6 posts since
    Jul 11, 2010
    8. Sep 20, 2010 11:19 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my fav race with run13 this year.  While running my own race was fun, I loved running with my niece and nephew.  The organizers were so kind to both.  It was fun to have a family oriented race.  I'd love to see another one earlier in the year.  As for any changes, a little fruit would be great too.  =)  Thanks Run 13!

• elisonj33 Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 20, 2010
    9. Sep 20, 2010 1:21 PM (in response to Guest )

Very well done event!  Had a great time! 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...