Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1389 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Nov 29, 2010 6:53 AM by Benjamin Ciesinski
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 20, 2010 6:36 PM

Event Reviews

Share your experiences with this event below Back to event details page.

• Cjefrun Rookie 3 posts since
    Aug 20, 2007
    1. Sep 20, 2010 6:36 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Event Reviews

This is  fantastic course on the park path around Hinckley Lake.  Relatively flat and very scenic.  

• Dapol Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 21, 2010
    2. Sep 21, 2010 10:40 AM (in response to Guest )

It is GREAT to see a race in a beautiful park that the entire family will enjoy!

• CarrieAnnS Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 13, 2010
    3. Nov 26, 2010 7:23 AM (in response to Guest )

This course was not even close to being flat.  Scenic, but not flat.  This was my first 5k and I was very disappointed as I had not trained for a hilly terrain.

• Amy FU Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 9, 2009
    4. Nov 26, 2010 7:51 AM (in response to Guest )

I know, CarrieAnn!  I should have put a comment in here a long time ago about the course not being flat at all!  But, what a fun, fun morning!!  Even with the weather, everyone was happy and festive, and it is a beautiful park to be in, albeit a little HILLY!!! I hope the Red Cross plans to make this an annual event.  We will be there!! 

• mbona30 Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 26, 2010
    5. Nov 26, 2010 10:34 AM (in response to Guest )

Well run race. The good: Three mile-markers - thanks. The bad: I would have liked to have been warned about the course - very hilly. If this were summer someone would have fainted.

• fwhited Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 14, 2010
    6. Nov 26, 2010 11:29 AM (in response to Guest )

Add me among those who'd read an earlier review that said the course is flat. NOT! But very scenic and a well-run race (although what do I know...it was my first!). I had a good time even though it was 38 and raining. Would definitely do this again.

• mgallagher7 Rookie 1 posts since
    Jul 8, 2008
    7. Nov 26, 2010 2:30 PM (in response to Guest )

Great course (challenging), very friendly volunteers.  SOmeone even found a way to stop the rain for about 45 minutes while we lined up and ran....way to go Red Cross.

• NG55 Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 20, 2010
    8. Nov 26, 2010 4:46 PM (in response to Guest )

I run this course all summer so the hills did not surprise me so I sort of giggled when someone called this relatively flat, maybe they're from the Rockie Mountains Oh well, I had fun, the weather was relatively nice....that is if you're from around here!

• Dream Run Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 8, 2010
    9. Nov 27, 2010 7:02 AM (in response to Guest )

I run this park also and knew it wasn't possible to run flat around the lake.  The course is beautiful, however, and the race was well organized.  Thanks to the volunteers who came out in the cold and rain to make it come together.  I would absolutely run this race again!

• Angie4b1g Rookie 2 posts since
    Feb 12, 2009
    10. Nov 27, 2010 2:25 PM (in response to Guest )

I'm not sure why someone would have said the course was flat.  I run this loop all the time (usually once in each direction) and I knew what we were in for.  It's unfortunate that people saw that and expected a flat course.

The race was fun, and the cocoa and pumpkin roll after was a nice surprise!  I hope they got the timing glitch worked out so we'll hear the official results eventually.

• Benjamin Ciesinski Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 24, 2008
    11. Nov 29, 2010 6:53 AM (in response to Guest )

Well, like everyone, not a flat course. However, beautiful scenery, great volunteers. Enjoyable race! The only other thing was advertising $25 until race day, but two days before, I was charged $25. Not a huge deal, but something to lock down next year!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...